Why did we build Explorer's Anchorage?

I have been thinking... hurt myself a few times, but got a really good idea. with the G4 SCBs out in Colonia (area), let's do SOMETHING with Explorer's Anchorage... something SPECIAL. I want to BUY materials out there... with credits. Yes, it would take a week or two round trip to go buy these materials (at inflated prices) and return, but I WOULD GLADLY make it to BUY MATS. just think... fly out there... spend 500M-1B filling up completely, then flying back... no shipyard, so the trip back would have to be made (not suicidewindered)…

just a thought... what do you guys/gals/shims think???

Yay, terrific. \o/

It'll be "Mat' Traders" all over again.

Something's broken and, rather than fixing it, FDev offer to slap a band-aid on it and there's a stampede of support for the idea by a bunch of people who're too daft to realise that it doesn't actually fix the underlying problem.

There either needs to be reliable ways to obtain ALL the mat's in the game, or the mat's that can't be obtained reliably need removing from the game.
And then, with that done, then FDev can look at implementing "short-cuts" for those who CBA doing things the regular way.

Honestly, I'm getting a bit sick of the whole "if you want to do X, you need to do Y instead" thing.
If I want to do X, that's what I should be able to do and Y can go and get hooped until I want to do Y.

I am 100% behind the idea of making materials available for purchase only at Explorer's Anchorage for no other reason than to witness the complete meltdowns over it.

You're not thinking big enough:

Make mats available only from a planetary outpost, with small pads only. Preferably only ONE pad, so we can get extra salt over the inevitable pad-blocking. Especially if the base is only available in Open.

Stick it somewhere 500,000Ls from the drop-in point, in close orbit around a neutron star so the SCA runs the risk of dumping you into the jet cone.

I think that'll cover it.

Make mats available only from a planetary outpost, with small pads only. Preferably only ONE pad, so we can get extra salt over the inevitable pad-blocking. Especially if the base is only available in Open.

Stick it somewhere 500,000Ls from the drop-in point, in close orbit around a neutron star so the SCA runs the risk of dumping you into the jet cone.

You forgot to mention constant interdictions on that 500,000 Ls trip from the star.

I have been thinking... hurt myself a few times, but got a really good idea. with the G4 SCBs out in Colonia (area), let's do SOMETHING with Explorer's Anchorage... something SPECIAL. I want to BUY materials out there... with credits. Yes, it would take a week or two round trip to go buy these materials (at inflated prices) and return, but I WOULD GLADLY make it to BUY MATS. just think... fly out there... spend 500M-1B filling up completely, then flying back... no shipyard, so the trip back would have to be made (not suicidewindered)…

...or add a Material Trader with lower exchange rates: 1:1 up to standard materials, 2:1 for rare materials and 3:1 for very rare. Same exchange rate between all categories AND also possibility to exchange raw materials with manufactured and data.

But in general I agree that Explorer's Anchorage should have some special bonus to attract some CMDR from the bubble.

It could be even bigger...

planetary outpost, one small pad only, only in open, 500k LY

And make us pay for the mats in real money. But as lootboxes, so you never know if you get g1 or g5 mats...

:ROFLMAO:

It could be even bigger...

planetary outpost, one small pad only, only in open, 500k LY

And make us pay for the mats in real money. But as lootboxes, so you never know if you get g1 or g5 mats...

:ROFLMAO:
Don't give them ideas...

Edit: Sorry, forgot that FDev doesn't listen to user ideas. 😂

Or, to be really constructive make the mats needed for engineers in the bubble only available in colonia and vice versa, that should reliably bring on the pains!

Defo needs a shipyard.

Why? Why does it need a shipyard?
There's nothing to do out there except explore, and if you're there, you're probably in an exploration ship anyway. It's not like you can run missions or farm haz res or anything you need a different ship for. You can mine, sure, but there's nothing to mine that you can't mine in the Bubble. The only thing a shipyard will do is give griefers a way to transport combat ships out there without having to fly them.

store your modules and take the suicwinder train back, or fly a vanilla DBX with a very cheap disposable G5 FSD.... use your noodle.

that aside a station 25kly away selling all the 18 billion types of material* in the game including the stupidly hard to RNG ones isnt the route cause to the problem.

*exaggeration for effect

If you want X (to drive a car), you have to do Y (obtain a driver’s license), and nobody whines that much about it. And if you really opt not to, then Z (go to jail) happens.

So why does it seem to be such an issue here? Availability aside, really, why? It’s all part of the game, which is a game and only a game.

Top Bottom