CMDRs, What am I looking at here?

Crossed into the Galactic Centre (yay for British spelling, sounds like a train station, hehe...)

Then I saw the unusual light seen in the attached screencap. I tried flying towards it for about 10-15 minutes, but it didn't seem to get closer. What is this?

EliteDangerous64 2019-05-20 17-35-29-22.jpg

Crossed into the Galactic Centre (yay for British spelling, sounds like a train station, hehe...)

Then I saw the unusual light seen in the attached screencap. I tried flying towards it for about 10-15 minutes, but it didn't seem to get closer. What is this?

View attachment 132192
My guess is a particularly bright neutron star. See if you can locate it in the GalMap!

Or a very small nearby nebula. As mentioned look in Galmap and see if either things are nearby
Thanks, will do. I'm gonna hit the Centre first, but I'll report back when I revist this system and figure out what this is.

Also, I think another post must have been deleted, what was the other possibility besides a nebula?

Thanks, will do. I'm gonna hit the Centre first, but I'll report back when I revist this system and figure out what this is.

Also, I think another post must have been deleted, what was the other possibility besides a nebula?
I suggested a particularly bright neutron star. Probably not what it is, though.

Yeah, it's a supernova remnant or a planetary nebula. Nice place to take pictures of your ship if you are feeling blue.

Top Bottom