Is it possable to engineer to a stale mate?

Is it possable in game now for 2 players to build ships so well they do little to no damage to each other. with out cheats that is

You'd need low DPS weapons and high regen shields big enough not to drop.

Maybe, but I'm not sure I can see a reason other than as a purely academic exercise ;)
I'm not sure on this but I think shields may not regen while they are taking damage. Could be wrong but if so it wouldn't be possible (ignoring a limited ammo pool)

Is it possable in game now for 2 players to build ships so well they do little to no damage to each other.
Yes and no. Defensive boosts from engineering are considerably higher than offensive boosts, and in practical terms it's fairly common for a pair of ships to be unable to destroy the other due to ammo limitations or shield regeneration rates. Even more practical in a wing vs wing fight where healing beams can keep both sides at full shields forever.

However, phasing weapons exist, and hull doesn't regenerate, so you can always avoid a stalemate regardless of your opponent's build by using phasing pulse lasers. Still might take a while, of course.

So there's no build which can't be killed (eventually) if a ship specifically built to take it on attacks - but there are plenty of pairs of reasonable PvP builds which can fight to a stalemate.

I'm not sure on this but I think shields may not regen while they are taking damage. Could be wrong but if so it wouldn't be possible (ignoring a limited ammo pool)
Shields don't regenerate while taking damage - however, the faster ships are sufficiently hard to hit that they're not going to take continuous damage.

So stalemates on medium/big ships tend to be because both sides run out of ammo, while stalemates on small ships tend to be because neither side can get enough time on target to overcome regeneration. I've heard of Courier-Courier fights being abandoned after 45 minutes because it was clearly going nowhere.

(Even without the bonuses of engineering, a match between a pair of Biweave Viper IIIs can go on a pretty long time)

Try two Sidewinders with level 5 dirty enhanced thrusters. You'd be lucky to ever see the other ship, let alone shoot at it.

Top Bottom