Enough is enough!

Enough is enough Frontier! I think I speak for a lot of the community when I say it's time to let us make mods. You're stance on mods is completely against the community and only focused on profit. We've been allowed to mod in the past in other Frontier games, JWE should be no different. Over the last year we've basically only gotten half done updates and frankly lazy DLC. Modders can do so much more in far less time than you've proven capable of doing. Modders improve games and provide a much needed longevity to a games lifespan.

I know you think modding is somehow going to make you less money, because you've become a money hungry bridge troll... However that could not be farther from the truth. Look at Stellaris. The game has a strong modding community supported by it's parent company.

I shouldn't have to tell you this... GAMES THAT ALLOW AND SUPPORT MODDING MAKE MORE MONEY AND STAY ALIVE LONGER. IF YOU DON'T WANT TO PROPERLY SUPPORT JWE WITH CONTENT THEN ALLOW MODDERS TO HELP!

I'm sure Frontier will allow much more freedom in say, the upcoming Planet Zoo. Their hands are tied though on stuff like that for JWE, I'm sure Universal won't allow modding since it's an official Jurassic World product.

mods or no mods - there is no excuse for the absolutely lackluster customization options we've been given. six rocks, 5 trees and 3 brushes (per island).

it's worse than a mobile game.

for all the money they make on dlc they could at least buy some third party assets and put them in the game.

Universal isnt to blame for this - unless you're seriously suggesting they approve every tree and rock.

Hahaha. Universal won't allow it. Has nothing to do with Frontier. Like you said, they allow mods for other games. So stop to think for a moment before ranting on... Direct your hate against Universal or stop playing. It's pretty easy.

I def hope they don't allow mods. I want the original art. It's like buying customized shoes... NO THANKS.

mods or no mods - there is no excuse for the absolutely lackluster customization options we've been given. six rocks, 5 trees and 3 brushes (per island).

for all the money they make on dlc they could at least buy some third party assets and put them in the game.

Universal isnt to blame for this - unless you're seriously suggesting they approve every tree and rock.

How many options do you really want? And how many hands are working on the game? What's their profit from the DLC's? How much do they make on each game sold? You seem to know this so please share.

And It's def not worse than a mobile game. That's just plain stupid. Like your phone could run this game. Hahaha. Hate on or please just stop playing. So yes Universal is to blame. I believe they need accept on every implementation, since they licens the brand... That's usually how things work business-wise.

Aren't mods allowed already?

Isn't the problem the fact there are no modders @ work for this game?

Having mods is objectively better.
The artistic intent argument only makes sense from the artists perspective in this case. But even that can be shortsighted as art can evolve over time if people let it. Just having mods available makes zero difference to a player who does not install them. For that player the artistic intent is still upheld to the letter. People who don't want or download mods don't enter into the equation.
It has been proven time and time again that allowing mods breeds a healthy player community that is very invested in the game, and will be for years and years. Some game outlive their normal lifespan by decades. It's simply good for the player-base because there will be more players for a longer time when mods are allowed. It is also healthy for the company itself as there will be more opportunity to sell the same game over and over. Be it just the same game or re-releases. Mods make money and are good for the players.

Mods simply make games better as a whole.

Universal is definitely to blame for at least some of the restriction. But clearly you don't understand games if you're comparing this to a mobile game so it's not even worth the effort to go into it.

Unless we have read the terms of the contract signed with Universal for development and release of the game, any blame should not be randomly assigned.
Terms of service are not binding contracts. They cannot put in just anything and bind the player to it.

Having mods is objectively better.
The artistic intent argument only makes sense from the artists perspective in this case. But even that can be shortsighted as art can evolve over time if people let it. Just having mods available makes zero difference to a player who does not install them. For that player the artistic intent is still upheld to the letter. People who don't want or download mods don't enter into the equation.
It has been proven time and time again that allowing mods breeds a healthy player community that is very invested in the game, and will be for years and years. Some game outlive their normal lifespan by decades. It's simply good for the player-base because there will be more players for a longer time when mods are allowed. It is also healthy for the company itself as there will be more opportunity to sell the same game over and over. Be it just the same game or re-releases. Mods make money and are good for the players.

Mods simply make games better as a whole.

Best summary ever. 100% agree.

Top Bottom