[Video] List of UNIQUE things about every ship!

Your criticism isn't clear. I assume you are disappointed by the lack of No Man's Sky references, and would prefer to see more of that in Yamiks' videos?

On the contrary.

I found this video:

NO MAN'S SKY keeps insulting Elite Dangerous .. AND IT WORKS! (NMS Synthesis update)

Really childish. Something just made for clickbaits, and to raise unealthy discussion maybe.

Does he really beliveve that No Man's sky devs make references to Elite Dangerous naming their game updates after something present in ED ? And if they do, they do it to "throw jabs" to Fdev ?

Really ?

Editing to add that i'm hoping you are not asking because you want do defend Yamicks.

First because i think that he can clearly defend itself, if he wants.

Second because knowing what kind of quality content you offer us, you are the last one i can expect doing that.

Does he really beliveve that No Man's sky devs make references to Elite Dangerous naming their game updates after something present in ED ? And if they do, they do it to "throw jabs" to Fdev ?
Funny you should say that... at first the "beyond" (NMS) update felt like coincidence, but after mentioning it to some of the devs in LaveCon... i got the feeling it was a bit more than that and they (ED devs) felt the same way (that NMS was throwing shade). That got me thinking in the 1st place.

Also.. funny that you choose to go off-topic here ..isn't like the forum-dad community here all about talking about the topic at hand? or am I just mistaking forums for something else? =}

Editing to add that i'm hoping you are not asking because you want do defend Yamicks.

First because i think that he can clearly defend itself, if he wants.

Second because knowing what kind of quality content you offer us, you are the last one i can expect doing that.

I'm not even sure why Yamiks need defending in the first place. I was just asking if you wanted to elaborate on your statement, as it was totally unclear. It's nice of you to share your thoughts on his video though. Not that I agree, but opinions are great like that. :)

Funny you should say that... at first the "beyond" (NMS) update felt like coincidence, but after mentioning it to some of the devs in LaveCon... i got the feeling it was a bit more than that and they (ED devs) felt the same way (that NMS was throwing shade). That got me thinking in the 1st place.

There are many ways to express an opinion.

Also.. funny that you choose to go off-topic here ..isn't like the forum-dad community here all about talking about the topic at hand? or am I just mistaking forums for something else? =}

I was so upset from that video you made, for the reasons i wrote, that i responded that way hoping to trigger a discussion about that video with you. In my opinion you always made great quality content, that' why i found that particular piece of work so childish and underwhelming.

I'm not even sure why Yamiks need defending in the first place. I was just asking if you wanted to elaborate on your statement, as it was totally unclear. It's nice of you to share your thoughts on his video though. Not that I agree, but opinions are great like that. :)

That post of yours gave me the wrong impression that. I'm happy to know.

I was so upset from that video you made, for the reasons i wrote, that i responded that way hoping to trigger a discussion about that video with you. In my opinion you always made great quality content, that' why i found that particular piece of work so childish and underwhelming.

A tongue in cheek approach was taken. See as much as everyone says "oooooooh this X game cant be compared to my fanboyed Y game" FACT here is : that a team of developers equali in size of what ED has working on CURRENT updates can do better work in quality of life & new content, that it just puts ED people to shame ... that in grand scale of things was the point + of course that they do allegedly throw jabs at ED.

When it comes to ED development I've always stated that no matter how big or small the team is : you can make meaningful changes and as long as its DONE WELL there is no reason to say it's bad. But the september update.. and updates before just makes you soo depressed when not only new microtransactions are put in game(THAT YOU PAID ALREADY FOR), but that just breaks the game in small...or big way till the SLOW patch is made.

The underlying theme here's : "look at this team and their results. They did it the right way, and look at this other team who seem to do nothing ..or just mess things up."
It's commentary of the current state of things really.

Is there a version without the (pointless) background music, so I have a chance of hearing what is being said - without struggling so hard ?

A tongue in cheek approach was taken. See as much as everyone says "oooooooh this X game cant be compared to my fanboyed Y game" FACT here is : that a team of developers equali in size of what ED has working on CURRENT updates can do better work in quality of life & new content, that it just puts ED people to shame ... that in grand scale of things was the point + of course that they do allegedly throw jabs at ED.

I don't see the need to compare the two games in the way you did. NMS has it big faults too. In some aspects is really limited in what it does when compared to ED. But why should i need to bring these things up ? If i want to be a critic of FDEV work ( or lack of ) i can do it in more meaningful ways. You speak of fanboys, but you are the one looking that way when you bring up comparisons with other games, not in a global way, but putting what you prefer under your spotlight.

When it comes to ED development I've always stated that no matter how big or small the team is : you can make meaningful changes and as long as its DONE WELL there is no reason to say it's bad. But the september update.. and updates before just makes you soo depressed when not only new microtransactions are put in game(THAT YOU PAID ALREADY FOR), but that just breaks the game in small...or big way till the SLOW patch is made.

You can substain this argument without bringing up comparisons, as you did here.

The underlying theme here's : "look at this team and their results. They did it the right way, and look at this other team who seem to do nothing ..or just mess things up."
It's commentary of the current state of things really.

That's a good way of doing a comparison. Now make a comparison with your video, and spot the differences, if you want.

Surely the Adder should be down as having the most restrictive cockpit view in the game.

Fer de lance has a sunroof.

Federal Assault ship has swept back wings even though in space this offers no performance advantage.

The Adder also has a double buzz sound when accelerating from a standing start. Its like the sound of an old fashioned bus stop bell used when we had buses with conductors.
Modern buses ding, but old buses sounded like the adder did.

Top Bottom