Thank You for Not Abandoning Animal Packs!

How do you define that? It’s entirely subjective.
Definitely subjective, but if I'd split the zoo visitors to categories:

"Zoologists" - the people that love animals and know all the animals. I assume most people here fall into this category.

"Animal lovers" - people who love animals on paper but aren't actually familiar with different species.

"Casuals" - those that come with families to entertain the kids.

And only the "zoologist" type would actually be familiar with animals like in the SEA pack. The rest are familiar with popular zoo stock, or mematic zoo stock like sloths.

I’d much prefer it if people said “they aren’t the animals I want” rather than assign absolute characteristics (which are entirely subjective if not backed with evidence) to them.
Don't get me wrong, I loved each and every animal in the SEA pack. It's my second favorite pack, because I lovea south east asian fauna, especially the Binturong and clouded leopard. But I just went to check on the babirusa reveal on instagram, for example. The highest voted comments are "I didn't know that existed".

I just went to check on the babirusa reveal on instagram, for example. The highest voted comments are "I didn't know that existed".
Honestly? That's what a zoo game should be aiming for! Being able to teach people about animals is amazing, and it's something doable by only Planet Zoo in the realm of video games. People always talk about an animal being "iconic" or "popular", but those are just labels given to them through exposure in media. By giving animals that are currently "obscure" exposure in something like Planet Zoo, it can greatly benefit the animal's recognition across a much broader audience and therefore assist with their conservation.

Don't get me wrong, I loved each and every animal in the SEA pack. It's my second favorite pack, because I lovea south east asian fauna, especially the Binturong and clouded leopard. But I just went to check on the babirusa reveal on instagram, for example. The highest voted comments are "I didn't know that existed".
Nonetheless, in the context of zoos, and this is a zoo game, there is nothing niche about them. They are a mainstream species widely found in captivity.

Top Bottom