Why does everyone have to be so rude?

On surface settlements, NPCs tend to be grouchy and very rude to cmdrs—particularly security officers. If I go into a bar at a tourist settlement, the staff and patrons should be like “welcome, take a load off Cmdr,” instead they’re like “what are you doing? You’re too close. why are you here? I’m sure you’re here for something…”

When a Cmdr has good rep with a faction the NPCs should be friendly and welcoming IMO.

Even if you pass a security scan, they spout voice lines like you were about to get shot at. It could be a bit less hostile depending on faction reputation. Just some generic NPC whine about being stuck in the middle of nowhere would be fine.

To make it a bit more immersive, you could significantly raise your Notoriety.

On surface settlements, NPCs tend to be grouchy and very rude to cmdrs—particularly security officers. If I go into a bar at a tourist settlement, the staff and patrons should be like “welcome, take a load off Cmdr,” instead they’re like “what are you doing? You’re too close. why are you here? I’m sure you’re here for something…”

When a Cmdr has good rep with a faction the NPCs should be friendly and welcoming IMO.
They are (NPC) not friendly because this is elite dangerous and fdev's want us to grind and kill for grinding. So we have no one to pity :)

I found out that the only friendly ones are those that I have to kill.
The guards that approach me politely to scan me, or the workers that are happy to see me are generally those who have a bounty on them
Zapping them makes me feel so bad 😟

Those EVA-suits must be hot and sweaty. Also look at the fit round the crotch / lady crotch area - that looooks really tight. I would forever be adjusting for comfort.

At least you can play the game so feel blessed Console players are second class and are not considered worthy of play by Frontier.
with the expansion struggling to keep 40 fps on 30xx cards, you REALLY want that on your 10 years old console?

i'd say console players are the blessed ones, at least they don't have to deal with odyssey on the garbage state it is, you'll get it "probably" way better than we did.

@thread

the little details when you are welcome on a starport should be also reflected on settlements indeed (although i can't recall the last time a station gave me the cold shoulder, seems like all of them are friendly now, probably due to my ranks), so +1 OP

They're all angry having to live their lives at 15 FPS

Put yourself in their shoes for a second.
You're doing your job, policing some boring settlement somewhere. Once in a while there's a person from infamous Pilot's Federation visiting. They're easy to recognize, because almost every one of them is running around like a crazy person, opening every possible door, looking into containers, downloading your emails and stealing ebooks.
And when you ask him politely to stop and submit to a scan, they don't pay any attention to you and sometimes even reach for their gun.
So you shoot them.
And then all hell breaks loose. There's whining on some forums somewhere, people call you a "kill-joy" and want you to get "nerfed".

Would you be nice to another one you see? I don't think so.

😜

Well what do you expect you're not local!

Glasses-league-of-_3254418k.jpg

Top Bottom