0th Fleet

49L1dmG.png

0th Fleet is now accepting applications

Welcome to 0th Fleet. What began as a rather serious, dangerous, and very successful high-rolling corporation in EVE Online has evolved, over time, into a community of friends with shared and unshared interests. Our core members include Remiel Pollard (Executive Chairman, Explorer, Fighter, Australia), Tacitus Chyllon (Senior Officer, Fighter, USA), Edward Aivo (Senior Officer, Trader, Explorer, Iceland), Praethis Starloe (Officer, PVP, USA), and Brutal Wyrm (Officer, PVP, USA). As you can see, we're from a few different time zones as well. Together, we've a combined total playtime of over thirty years experience on EVE, and play a lot of other games together as well, including Elite. When Squadrons were announced for Elite Dangerous, it was only natural that we'd reincarnate 0th within Elite in the form of something much more casual, reflecting the more casual nature of this game.

0th Fleet, in Elite, is a community first, a squadron second. As such, our expectations are related less to your performance, and more to your participation in squadron endeavours. In saying that, we do demand total dedication to the defence and betterment of the squadron, as any strong community would. In return, you'll receive common ground with other players on which to build gaming experiences and memories that you can carry through life with you, as those of us who came from EVE built there.

0th_fleep_gif_7mb.gif

As such, our overarching mission is in building that community, an inclusive environment in which all players are welcome, be they simple traders, miners, or explorers, to the most nefarious of gankers and PVP'ers. We welcome all, and in saying that, we expect the same welcoming attitude from those who join. We don't have any specific long-term goals beyond any ongoing campaigns, so we don't need any specific type of player. You should definitely be prepared to participate in things that you've never done before, and may not want to do, however, as a measure of being a part of this community. Such endeavours may include, but are not limited to: player interdiction operations, exploration expeditions, mining operations, system flipping, etc.

We are very new-player friendly. As a matter of fact, I love new players, and teaching them all sorts of aspects of the game. Whilst we only conduct squadron operations in Open, we don't have a problem with members operating from Solo or PG with their friends when not engaged in Squadron activities. Additionally, all members will have a say of some kind in squadron operations and general direction. Our ultimate goal is to involve people and build a community. Where we go with that is secondary.

0th_fleep_gif_7mb.gif

At the moment, not everyone listed above has joined the squadron, as it's pretty much brand new, but we've been playing the game for a long time together. We're currently working towards flipping a few systems to Anarchy, one of which is our home system. More details of this will be provided to any that express interest. We have long-term goals of becoming a proper player faction with a strong core PVP element that is available for supporting a variety of squadron operations.

Logo design is by Remiel Pollard and Edward Aivo. Edward Aivo is our resident Icelandic graphic designer and loves doing this sort of thing. I am Remiel Pollard, Squadron Chairman.

You can get hold of us on our official Discord server. You can also contact Remiel Pollard in-game, and I'll be watching for replies on this thread. All are welcome, from the carebeariest of carebears to the most nefarious gankers. We look forward to meeting you. Bring an inclusive attitude and an open mind.

Last edited:
Update:

Our two newest members have passed probation and have been officially initiated as Agents. I look forward to meeting any new people interested in joining a squadron that offers community and the freedom to really blaze your own trail.

0th fleet????

Yeah, we created it on EVE Online. We were kinda badass there.... but EVE Online isn't what it used to be and we all kinda dispersed to other things. A few of us came to Elite, where we're trying to revive 0th as a more casual entity. Feel free to apply, we're currently at five active members, with a few in the wings (one of our core members from EVE is currently studying and won't be joining us very much for a while), but we do have big plans and will happily divulge to new members.

Your logo is real snazzy.

Thanks man. We have a graphic designer, Ed, and he and I sat down and brainstormed a layout, and he did the actual work putting it all together. Every element in it has a meaning, and it's all explained in our handbook. Members are encouraged to use it in any media they produce (ie videos, propaganda, etc etc). As a matter of fact, I used it for the first time on a DCS video, which is another game some of our members play, and you're welcome to join us there as well.

[video=youtube_share;IewYSZ5rKPM]https://youtu.be/IewYSZ5rKPM[/video]​

Last edited:
Yeah, we created it on EVE Online. We were kinda badass there.... but EVE Online isn't what it used to be and we all kinda dispersed to other things. A few of us came to Elite, where we're trying to revive 0th as a more casual entity. Feel free to apply, we're currently at five active members, with a few in the wings (one of our core members from EVE is currently studying and won't be joining us very much for a while), but we do have big plans and will happily divulge to new members.

Apply? nah, I'm in The Code. And my post 0th fleet was more of what the bloody hell is 0th? zero th? It make no sense. Not trolling here, just trying to clarify. I obsess about these things ya see.

I read and immediatly though of this, may be wrong but...

Seens "0th" = "Zero th"

Can be read as "Oath" wich kinda makes sense and becomes a cool name.

Top Bottom