Patch Notes Update 1.6 and The Engineers (2.1) update incoming

This last point gave me a chuckle:

Orbital Cruise

- Fixed one aspect of the glide sequence sounding weird
- Audio: Fix a broken altitude ratio rtpc that was causing some weirdness in the glide sequence
- Optimisations to OrbitalHUD UI
- Are you sure you're still reading these patch notes

I haven't played Elite properly in a long time, though these notes are making me download the update. Genuinely sounds like it might now be the game I had hoped it would be at the release, I suppose I'll find out soon! I only hope that I can somehow re-convince my friends to start playing again after I convinced them to play at launch (when Wings weren't even a thing... so they quickly jumped ship).

...Genuinely sounds like it might now be the game I had hoped it would be at the release, I suppose I'll find out soon!...

You took the words right out of my mouth. I've been hoping for a while that the game would reach this kind of maturity.
I guess it depends what you're looking for but I've been enjoying Bounty Hunting with AI police in battles of around 6-8 craft in the asteroid rings of planets, as well as exploring but the universe feels a bit too big at the moment for that in my Viper, plus I'm about to try my hand at mining after watching this.

Not sure if you're an EVE player but the whole Elite thing is starting to come together for me and feels like a much more solid game now.
Loadouts are well done now, still room for improvement and I haven't found a way to save fittings, apart from on INARA but for the first time, I found myself comparing a lot of game elements to EVE, which is a good thing. Loadouts with energy management and various builds possible, ammo crafting, Bounty Hunting, Mining, Smuggling, Trading.. there appears to be a whole lot more to Elite these days..

One of the biggest changes for me is the community support now is at a level where there are some super websites full of information to help you on your adventure.
I enjoyed the feeling of being among the first players to get out into the universe but it always felt very empty.
It feels much more alive now.

Last edited:
I must admit to being quite satisfied with the upgrade, and with FD's efforts in getting rid of the new crop of bugs.

I usually only play a game as long as it challenges me, so a bit of extra attention from the NPC's, while at times a bit overwhelming, may not exactly be the worst to happen to the game. It may even make trading a worthy challenge, in stead of just, well, boring ;)

Yes, I've been blown out of the heavens a few times more than usual - and so what? I'd become too complacent and secure in my own abilities as it was, so now I'm forced to adapt and overcome. I.e.: getting better.

Top Bottom