10 million cartography data cap.

I have returned from exploration to my Factions home system with approximately 350 million worth of data. I have been told that you can only I put 10 million worth of cartography data per cmdr per day and that you must input each system individually! Is this actually the case? I am new to the bgs so would appreciate some help from some experienced bgs player. Thanks in advance (y)

I have returned from exploration to my Factions home system with approximately 350 million worth of data. I have been told that you can only I put 10 million worth of cartography data per cmdr per day and that you must input each system individually! Is this actually the case? I am new to the bgs so would appreciate some help from some experienced bgs player. Thanks in advance (y)
Selling systems individually I don't believe makes any difference nowadays - and didn't make enough difference to be worth doing for a while before that, I think. Unless there are some extremely valuable systems in the list, selling a page at a time will work fine.

Exploration data, like all BGS inputs, has diminishing returns: the first million is more effective than the second million is more effective than the third million, and so on. 10 million per system per day is probably a good balance between effectiveness and the diminishing returns curve: this is per system, not per cmdr - it doesn't matter if one person sells ten million or ten people sell one million, it has the same effect. So if you want to maximise the effects of your data - for example if your faction is trying to increase its influence in your home system - then selling at ten million a day each day for a month will be much more effective than selling it all in one day. On the other hand, selling it all will be more effective on that day than just selling ten million ... just not very much more effective.

Of course, you have to be confident that you'll survive that whole month with the data intact - depending on your ship, confidence, activity preferences, etc. you might be better just selling half of it before you log off, the other half the next day when you log on, and not risking losing it.

If your faction owns stations in multiple systems and wants to increase influence in all of them, then you can of course sell ten million in each system.

Selling systems individually I don't believe makes any difference nowadays - and didn't make enough difference to be worth doing for a while before that, I think. Unless there are some extremely valuable systems in the list, selling a page at a time will work fine.

Exploration data, like all BGS inputs, has diminishing returns: the first million is more effective than the second million is more effective than the third million, and so on. 10 million per system per day is probably a good balance between effectiveness and the diminishing returns curve: this is per system, not per cmdr - it doesn't matter if one person sells ten million or ten people sell one million, it has the same effect. So if you want to maximise the effects of your data - for example if your faction is trying to increase its influence in your home system - then selling at ten million a day each day for a month will be much more effective than selling it all in one day. On the other hand, selling it all will be more effective on that day than just selling ten million ... just not very much more effective.

Of course, you have to be confident that you'll survive that whole month with the data intact - depending on your ship, confidence, activity preferences, etc. you might be better just selling half of it before you log off, the other half the next day when you log on, and not risking losing it.

If your faction owns stations in multiple systems and wants to increase influence in all of them, then you can of course sell ten million in each system.
Thank you so much.
That has clarified things for me and some great advice. o7

Top Bottom