Patch Notes Update Server Update Incoming - 19.06.2015

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.

Michael Brookes

Game Director
Hi everyone,

a server update is incoming at 3.30pm BST. They will be down fore up to 30 minutes.

There are two changes for this update. The first addresses the server stability issues encountered last night and the second tackles the repair cost issue.

The fix should bring repair costs into line according with a module’s cost and current integrity; at zero health the maximum repair cost should be one percent of a module’s base value.

The net result should be fewer trivial repair costs and fewer costs that are crazy high. Overall, repair costs will be higher, but importantly, they will be consistently in accordance with module worth; coupled with the following change for ship integrity, on average overall repair costs should be lower.

We’re bringing ship integrity repair costs into line. Maximum integrity repair costs will be one percent of the ship’s hull cost, down from 5%; still potentially significant, but no longer so high as to tempt Commanders into trashing a ship and paying the insurance premium over fixing it back up.

Thanks

Michael

Thank you Michael,
Is there any chance that there may be a change to the RES spawn rates? Currently it is very hit and miss, sometimes I can have a continuous flow of wanted ships other times I am sitting twiddling my thumbs for extended periods of time. The later doesn't make for much fun at all.

Thanks.

And thank you for sorting the discovery tag problem from earlier this week. :)

Any word on the military mission rank and permit reward bugs?

Thanks! And special thanks for the in-depth explanation of how will this work!

If it's not too much to ask, it would be really nice to have something similar for the upcoming updates.

I'm feeling like a beta tester.

Can you please do these balancing changes and fixes in the beta stage?

Sorry to be the one to tell you this mate, but you are a beta tester.

It's been this way with all of FD's updates. (all three of them)

Last edited:
Sorry to ask a noobish question:
How are Hull Repair (not integrity) costs made up? Is 1% of hull value for 100% damage repaired? (theoretical question obv)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom