Patch Notes Update Powerplay server side hotfix (30/07/2015)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.

Brett C

Frontier
We'll be releasing a server hotfix shortly. The galaxy servers will not go offline for this update, thus requiring no additional downtime. It will be going live over the next hour.

Here is the change log:

• Increase number of Powerplay Vouchers awarded when assassinating enemy NPCs
  • Increase effectiveness of delivering Powerplay cargo when opposing expansion attempts and when undermining

More details can be found on the design change thread here: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=170302

Thanks!

Talking of enemy NPC; Vipers-you get them down to 0% drive and they drift off and don't slow down and sometimes almost impossible to catch them to finish off. How can a ship with no power maintain it's velocity?

30 Merits for Assassinations yet still only 1 Merit for kills in strikes regardless of ship type, come on now. So killing an Enforcer of Novice rank in a Eagle that I interdicted is worth 30 times more than an Elite rank Anaconda in a Military Strike. Basically just solidified zero reason to ever go into one again.

Talking of enemy NPC; Vipers-you get them down to 0% drive and they drift off and don't slow down and sometimes almost impossible to catch them to finish off. How can a ship with no power maintain it's velocity?

The same way you can if you turn Flight Assist off. :) It's very handy if you're ever in too deep in combat and think your drives are about to fail. Boost away and hope your momentum will take you out of range of the enemy so you can do a Reboot/Repair in safety.

- - - Updated - - -

It actually was. Back when i played the Beta. good times =)

But also pretty rubbish, to be fair. Fights were just "one person flies backwards at full speed, one person chases them", no real skill in piloting. It's better now.

30 Merits for Assassinations yet still only 1 Merit for kills in strikes regardless of ship type, come on now.

I think 1 merit is changed to 10:

"
* 30 merits and successes for assassinating appropriate ships found in super cruise
* 5 merits and successes per appropriate cargo pirated and handed in to support undermining
We’re also increases success and merits for each kill in Powerplay conflict zones. Each kill will award 10 merits and successes."

I think 1 merit is changed to 10:

"
* 30 merits and successes for assassinating appropriate ships found in super cruise
* 5 merits and successes per appropriate cargo pirated and handed in to support undermining
We’re also increases success and merits for each kill in Powerplay conflict zones. Each kill will award 10 merits and successes."

It's a nice change but it still makes no sense. Getting the same reward for destroying Eagles and Anacondas irrespective of rank makes little sense.

30 Merits for Assassinations yet still only 1 Merit for kills in strikes regardless of ship type, come on now. So killing an Enforcer of Novice rank in a Eagle that I interdicted is worth 30 times more than an Elite rank Anaconda in a Military Strike. Basically just solidified zero reason to ever go into one again.
Totally ...TOTALLY Agree 100% This is infuriating FD...Please have a righteous sliding scale of rewards appropriate to the type/quality of the target shot down. PLEASE
+1 REP for comment .... NO rep for FD (yet) ...come on ... plz change this ridiculous situation

Last edited:
Hi Brett.

We are expanding to Sothis. Why is the expansion trigger 73888!
and the opposition only 5000 when th epopulation is only 100,000?
Thanks Ben

We'll be releasing a server hotfix shortly. The galaxy servers will not go offline for this update, thus requiring no additional downtime. It will be going live over the next hour.

Here is the change log:

• Increase number of Powerplay Vouchers awarded when assassinating enemy NPCs
  • Increase effectiveness of delivering Powerplay cargo when opposing expansion attempts and when undermining

More details can be found on the design change thread here: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=170302

Thanks!

While im not interested in PP, any updates to the game is a welcome addition, so kudos for that.

Quick question though, do you have any idea if/how/when the fix for local network bug thats been going on for couple of months now? My partner and I still cant play together, and ive seen others in the bug forum talking of same issue.

Cheers.

Good update, but anyway, trading and merit fast-tracking is still a clear winner if you want get merits fast ;)

Do I get any merits if i kill enemy powers ships in my power controlled systems or its 0 like before update?

Last edited:
Hi Brett.

We are expanding to Sothis. Why is the expansion trigger 73888!
and the opposition only 5000 when th epopulation is only 100,000?
Thanks Ben

I think the vast distance between Sothis and Antal space is the reason. But working it out, we need 20 pilots to kill 360 ships each to complete the project, which is.not impossible.

Last edited:

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator

Not sure if you saw this response by Sandro Sammarco?: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=170302&page=13&p=2611996&viewfull=1#post2611996

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom