2.3 : CMDR locked options

A few things i hope FDev locks to the ship owner ONLY.

- Ship Functions Tab(Stay away from self destruct)
- Cargo Hatch Options (Where did my 100 tonne of Gold go?)
- Lock guns to CMDR within station safety zones (no shoot stations on docking)

I'm pretty sure that the first griefer would figure out the above (and more) within 3 microseconds of the beta launch, and that Frontier would have time to fix anything they missed. :)

I would like to add that it would be nice to have permissions for the owner to activate. I for example would like to give full controll of the ship to my friends that we play together everyday, but not in people that come on board at some random occasion.

But but but.. those are all very funny features. :eek:

While I agree that they would indeed create (very short) emergent gameplay the joy would be short lived since one would only be invited ONCE.

Unless the CMDR enjoys pain and suffering...

- - - Updated - - -

I would like to add that it would be nice to have permissions for the owner to activate. I for example would like to give full controll of the ship to my friends that we play together everyday, but not in people that come on board at some random occasion.

Yup, options are good.

Perhaps something like...a chain of command.

Would be good to be able to specify where visitors spawn.

Bridge : they can control the ship
Engagement lounge: can control SLF, turrets, chat to NPC pilot (no escape pod here)
Cargo hold: will be sold at the next black market

Can't wait to join my mates ship. Dump cargo, drop shields self destruct and fly off in a fighter. He will gnash his teeth and wail like a baby. Not letting him anywhere near my ship!

Can't wait to join my mates ship. Dump cargo, drop shields self destruct and fly off in a fighter. He will gnash his teeth and wail like a baby. Not letting him anywhere near my ship!

You DO realize that the moment YOU self destruct someone's ship their FIGHTERS will explode too...

At least the shooting with turrets on stations could be prevented by giving only the helm control over weapon deployment. The gunner should only be able to deploy utility slots.

Last edited:
Docking permission granted
....*flight assist off*...*boost*....*silent running*.....

"I'll never let you board on my ship again!!!!!" :D

Last edited:
It's going to be fun for a while, but just like every other feature in Elite the trolls will mellow out and find something more entertaining to do and we'll be left to enjoy the features.

Not that I'm not going to enjoy the trolls.

No reason to gimp the feature even further just because a handful of people are going to be acting stupid for the first couple weeks. Multicrew is underwhelming as it is, we need to be demanding more features for our co-pilots to control, not less.

not gonna let strangers on my vessel anytime.

might aswell give us the option to let friends fly our ships.

What about Synthesis?

Who's mats are used?
(Seems as ours are stored in our back pocket!)

I don't want to reload my gunners weapons for him. That defeats the point.

But I also don't want him using my mats for unnecessary grades of reload.
Or worse, just spamming my FSD boost or something for no reason.

Top Bottom