General / Off-Topic 2 days back and local school closed already!

Due to COVID outbreak. I fully expected schools to have pockets of outbreaks but FIVE teachers at out local school tested positive after only coming back last Thursday. They must have been infected before opening as we were informed yesterday which means they must have only tested Saturday .
It's not my lads school but it is a feeder high school linked to my lads primary.

Parents have been told siblings of kids at the closed school must still go in until they get symptoms so I am half expecting our school to go down in the next week or 2.

Prepare for 2nd wave :(

Last edited:
In France two days after the start of the school year, 22 schools were closed due to Covid.

Well I believe I read that there are 60,000 schools on the territory.

🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 😷

Due to COVID outbreak. I fully expected schools to have pockets of outbreaks but FIVE teachers at out local school tested positive after only coming back last Thursday. They must have been infected before opening as we were informed yesterday which means they must have only tested Saturday .
It's not my lads school but it is a feeder high school linked to my lads primary.

Parents have been told siblings of kids at the closed school must still go in until they get symptoms so I am half expecting our school to go down in the next week or 2.

Prepare for 2nd wave :(

This is in the UK, yes?

But wot about the economy??????????
The bad news is the economy is stuffed (technical term). The good news (for UK) is most other countries around the world have had or are experiencing exactly the same issues, so it's nothing unusual. I realise your comment was probably tongue-in-cheek but thought I'd give you a reply anyway :)

Yep. Last I heard 8 teachers positive. AFAIK school is open now but over 90 pupils now in quarantine.

I saw some video of a woman yesterday in the UK, (filming herself whilst driving btw) the school had phoned her up to collect her child from school because he was coughing a lot. She was absolutely indignant about it. "So now I have to take a 7 year old to get a covid test, that'll be fun!", she complained.

So reopening schools, essentially poorly ventillated warehouses of people, turned out to be a good way to incubate a respiratory virus that needs close quarters to spread.

:unsure:
This is quite a shocker. Who could have foreseen it?

😷

Top Bottom