News Starports "Under Repair": change to visibility of progress.

Paige Harvey

Community Manager
Good afternoon Commanders,

We’ve received some reports that the Starports “Under Repair” after Thargoid attacks were showing no progress in their restoration, which led players to believe this to be a bug.

I’m pleased to be able to confirm that this is not a bug and that efforts have always been recorded. The percentage shown for Commodities sold at the affected Starports were originally being shown in 10% increments, resulting in the appearance of no progress having been made despite player efforts.

In order to ensure you’re all kept up to date with the current state of the Starport, we have reduced these increments from 10% to 1%, meaning your progress will be easier to track.

For example at The Oracle Starport, “Superconductors” were showing 0% progress. Since the aforementioned change took place, we can now see that 6% of the required “Superconductors” have been delivered! This can also be seen in Indium, Gallium, Copper etc.

We’d like to thank you all for your reports and hope that with your continued support we can get these Starports back up and running at full capacity.

Kind regards,

Paige

pEnrgRZ.jpg

Question - does the "Units required" count down, as in "only 100 more units to go", or is it a static number representing the total from start to finish?

So what exactly happens if we don't repair the stations? Do they become wrecked stations or... what?

It means the community will face dilemmas & need to prioritise which stations to focus their efforts on - the worst affected, or the most likely to succeed, or the most important stategically etc.

It means the community will face dilemmas & need to prioritise which stations to focus their efforts on - the worst affected, or the most likely to succeed, or the most important stategically etc.

Sure, that might happen, if there is actual consequence to our actions and the stations don't magically get repaired anyway. Otherwise people will just ignore this and go back to passenger missions.

Thank you FDEV for responding to our reports. And to the players in this thread idk what happenes if we don’t repair them but FDEV has been in the pattern of punishing us lately for not completing things. Me and my clan are focusing on cavaliei in Electra. I would like to invite you guys to join us! Let’s focus our efforts together instead of split apart!

So..... CG-level cargo fetch grinding without any rewards aside from trade. profits. Seriously?

I predict within a few months all Aegis stations will be under repair, the playerbase will get bored, and people will find other things to do.

I’m pleased to be able to confirm that this is not a bug and that efforts have always been recorded. The percentage shown for Commodities sold at the affected Starports were originally being shown in 10% increments, resulting in the appearance of no progress having been made despite player efforts.

Just to point out that percentages typically move in units of 1 or smaller unless stated otherwise - many of us were discouraged once we'd shipped 1%.

Also: if this was the case why not just tell us on the tickets / forums instead of waiting until you had changed it?

And I'm not convinced - the 'numbers required' were also not moving, they should move even if the percentages didn't.

Anyway, thanks for the fix.

I wonder if we will get the oppertunity to actually repel the Thargoid armarda at a station. That would be some thing to behold.

So..... CG-level cargo fetch grinding without any rewards aside from trade. profits. Seriously?
Yeah, sounds crazy.

Thought FDev had learnt by now, most players won't do things (fun or otherwise), unless there is tangible (i.e. direct) reward. (And in fact will often do UNfun (aka grindy) things, if they happen to pay very well. So the sensible thing for FDev to do is to make the fun stuff pay well...)

Last edited:
I wonder if we will get the oppertunity to actually repel the Thargoid armarda at a station. That would be some thing to behold.

I think it's the next logical step. First we were able to antagonise, now we can react, hopefully the next update will allow players to defend, then ultimately attack (once we locate strategic Thargoid targets).

Is this only player driven or do NPC's contribute to this too? Would make sense if they did.

I don't think they do with meta-alloys, this seems a similar mechanism. If they did I agree it would make some sense, but Paige has just quite unambiguously said they won't.

I don't think they do with meta-alloys, this seems a similar mechanism. If they did I agree it would make some sense, but Paige has just quite unambiguously said they won't.

Hmmm. Seems a bit silly really. It's an awful lot of stuff to ship, I can't see the community shipping it all. Are the original stations still under repair. If it's only 1% for some stuff at the moment it could take a year to repair them.

Top Bottom