ECM Cambridge Postponed - vECM the Virtual community event launched 11th April. Venue:The Internet

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
ECM Cambridge 2020
Elite-Meet-2020-Horizontal-Strip-632x102.jpg

IMPORTANT NOTICE

In light of the latest information from the Prime Minister and the Chief Medical Officer and with fewer than 4 weeks to go before this year's ECM, unfortunately, we're going to have to postpone the event. The advice given is that social gatherings should now not happen to help ensure everyone stays safe and the burden on the NHS is kept to within safe limits to care for those that need it. Full details, including answers to many of your questions are here: https://elitecommunitymeet.info/ecm-2020-postponement/

Premier Inn have a policy in place re cancellations, we're hoping Travelodge will follow soon. Details on that post.

Pilots of the Elite Community - it's that time of year when we once again extend our invitation to come and join in ECM. Last year was Manchester, before that, Basingstoke, the year before Bristol, then Glasgow but this year we're heading to CAMBRIDGE. Yes, we'll be just around the corner from Frontier themselves.....

It's put on BY the community themselves - volunteers and fellow commanders.... giving up their free time and energy to put everything together.

IMPORTANT NOTICE
That's it. We're sold out. No more places left at the UK meet.

Fret not, if you've missed out, there are always a handful of cancellations between now and the event. If you're desperate, you can e-mail us at info@elitecommunitymeet.info and keep an eye on this post, the website and our twitter feed at https://twitter.com/EliteMeetEvent and should any become available, it's likely we'll be releasing them around 4 weeks out from the event, and again at 2 weeks out.

No promises, mind!

The event is dedicated to the social, to playing games, to meeting fellow commanders and to having a laugh. Last year we had VR rigs, retro gaming, an XBox/Playstation corner, two projectors for multi-player gaming fun, board and card games and of course Hutton Orbital Live from the stage in the evening. We had a room dedicated to a multi-crew Artemis session, a HUGE retro gaming corner and some of the Frontier team turned up an joined in the shenanigans. 182 commanders last year packed the place out and had a whale of a time.

The event is not for profit - ticket prices go to the costs of the hire, and any surplus is split two ways between SpecialEffect and Hearing Dogs for the Deaf. Last year we were able to donate £2500 to each charity thanks to the community generosity.

Tickets are £12.50 (yes, that's CHEAPER than last year!) including your lunch which has been kindly sponsored by Frontier Developments themselves (seeing as we're just around the corner from them).
If you want to join us for evening dinner, the venue has a restaurant and a bar and you pay on the day - likely opening for the event is from 10am until 11pm (out by midnight).

83024282_2807795426005819_7234931487387156480_n (Small).png

As we are NOT in a hotel venue this year, we wanted to make sure you could all easily get there from nearby hotels - so we're putting on a shuttle bus from near hotels and maybe even the station - bringing people over in the morning and sending them home at kicking out time during the evening

for details - Spidermind are expecting to be there (to be fair, HCS haven't failed to join us in any year yet) and we've got confirmation that many of the team from Frontier will be popping in.

If you're coming and want to bring a computer to rig to the LAN setup, or VR to run some games, or an old retro computer, please let us know and we can make space for you - we're particularly hunting for more for the retro corner whether it be a BBC Micro running Elite, or an old Amiga, even ageing MarioKart gear for some shenanigans. Spidermind will be showcasing their new LevelUp, EDRPG and Battlecards (of which we'll have MANY games on the go as we'll all have it by then). We have confirmation that Frontier are bringing along some of their classic games from their back catalogue as well to have a go with.

There's a raffle - last year we were sponsored by TinMan Games as well as Spidermind, HCS and Frontier with some great prizes - there was also an enormous haul of items donated by the attendees - many of which were hand crafted "money can't buy" things like paintings you may have seen online by BeetleJude, etched glassware, dog tags, patches and much more.

We look forward to catching up with old friends and making new ones there! Set up is on the Friday night and the crew and any early arrivals normally have a dinner outing once we're all set up, followed by games of Cards against Humanity and others in our hotels.

More information is available on the website - including the two nearest hotels (a Premier Inn and a Travelodge) as well as location information and much much more.

We look forward to seeing you all there for the biggest and best ECM yet!

** UPDATE ** 14:33 24th Jan - first 76 tickets gone already

ECM Mini, Houston TX
The US edition of ECM (the mini-meet in Houston) is now officially off..... if my trip to America is rescheduled, i'll let everyone know.

Last edited:
Ticket purchased!

Is one supposed to get an email regarding the ticket (did anyone else get one) as the only email I got was from PayPal (used to buy the ticket). Nowhere did I see a place to enter an email address for the ticket.

Ticket purchased!

Is one supposed to get an email regarding the ticket (did anyone else get one) as the only email I got was from PayPal (used to buy the ticket). Nowhere did I see a place to enter an email address for the ticket.
You might be victim of an overzealous spam filter. Fret not though, just give your name on the door and hey presto, one funky name badge.

61 booked in now!

Thanks. Accommodation now also booked, arriving Friday and leaving Sunday. This is going to be awesome. Previous Elite Meets have always been a lot of fun.

If you don't receive a ticket within an hour and you've checked your spam/trash filters, add sales@elitecommunitymeet.info to your allowed lists, and get in touch with us at info@elitecommunitymeet.info to let us know. We can resend it, or pm it.. what ever works and gets you the nice printy outy ticket.. Taimaru I have resent the email please let me know if you get the new one. Also drop me a PM if you don't and I can get you the right details.

I can not attend, but can you bottle some of the atmosphere and send a crate of it my way? ;)
Tell you what, we'll try to stream it to radio and twitch all throughout.... its not particularly interesting when no stage content is on. but it can give a sense of being part of the day!!

best wishes
Grant

Should we have an ECM Twitch Channel? Hmmmmmmm currently we stream to http://twitch.tv/huttonorbitaltruckers and hutton orbital radio (https://huttonorbitalradio.torontocast.stream/index.php) also on TuneIn and other sites... if you prefer. So you can hear the fun, the atmosphere and general crew swearings as they setup

WARNING: This event is a setup!

It serves one purpose only, to drag as many as possible frontier dev. to it, and come they will. A squad of highly trained Imperial agents will overwhelm security, hack the vault and raid their offices, stealing plans for fleet carriers and upload an undetectable virus on their mainframe.

Watch Zachary Hudson going down within a month from there on!

You have been warned.
;)

Booked as soon as it was announced tickets were on sale yesterday - had a great time at last years and looking forward to meeting new commanders and ones from last years

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom