Odyssey Dev Diary - Planets Before & After

So I noticed in the latest Dev Diary that there are three planet names clearly visible as Fdev fly over the new terrain in their ships. I decided to check these three planets out in game to see what they look like in Horizons and to try to get an idea of what sort of planets and atmospheres we might get access to in Odyssey.

Nice job, unfortunately the comparison only works for the first planet because it's the only one that we can see from orbit in both cases.

So I noticed in the latest Dev Diary that there are three planet names clearly visible as Fdev fly over the new terrain in their ships. I decided to check these three planets out in game to see what they look like in Horizons and to try to get an idea of what sort of planets and atmospheres we might get access to in Odyssey.

Great job. Loved it.

Good one at least we can see that planets have had been improved but will we get over hangs, cliffs and caves?

1598168406376.png

Judging from the planets we see in the dev diary, I think we can expect planets like the three outer most here to be landable in Odyssey. They have an atmosphere, but pressure for one of them is at 0.01 while the the other two are at 0.0 (I guess because it doesn't show more digits.)

It's a reasonable first step starting with atmospheric landings I think. I mean, I want MOAR. I want them ALL! but one step (pun intended) at a time I guess.

I like how those wheels are kicking up dirt instead of snow

Top Bottom