How to get money now?

Hi all

I am trying to raise money to buy the Cutter.

Until a month ago, the best way was with the painite (in fact, thanks to it I managed to buy the anaconda and the federal), but actually the selling price is almost ridiculous (just yesterday 192T sold for just over 200k credits).

I look at miners tool and it's the same with low temperature diamonds, or platinum.

How do you guys get money currently?

Thank you

Mining prices are a lot more volatile these days because of how demand actually matters now. Bounty hunting has been mentioned already, but if combat isn't your thing you could give silver and gold trading a go - Inara has a list of profitable trade routes though again there's actual supply/demand at play so those might or might not work.

I personally just play the game. Pretty much everything pays well now. BH, AX, trade wing missions... Mining is always a good bet, as it's 100% profit, no investment required.

Just play the game - would be my advice.
I don´t really understant the "play the game" xD

As far as i know, i don´t have a "plan" in the game. I´m trying to finish the engineers, farming materials etc... but of course we need money. For example, to improve my ships etc...

Is it possible that there is something I didn't understand about the game? When you say "play the game" is that there is some kind of "script" that I missed?

Thank you (thanks all for your answers/ideas)

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator

As far as i know, i don´t have a "plan" in the game. I´m trying to finish the engineers, farming materials etc... but of course we need money. For example, to improve my ships etc...

Is it possible that there is something I didn't understand about the game? When you say "play the game" is that there is some kind of "script" that I missed?

Just do different activities that pay the money. I think if you focus on playing the game, developing your pilot's story - the money will come with it.

Also, plan - is actually important in Elite. Setting your own goals and achieving them is IMO the crux of the game, if you play more in a single-player style. If you're just wandering aimlessly, you'll not get far I think.

Hi all

I am trying to raise money to buy the Cutter.

Until a month ago, the best way was with the painite (in fact, thanks to it I managed to buy the anaconda and the federal), but actually the selling price is almost ridiculous (just yesterday 192T sold for just over 200k credits).

I look at miners tool and it's the same with low temperature diamonds, or platinum.

How do you guys get money currently?

Thank you
True, prices of painite dropped and I think it is because Fdev figured price was too high and it was too easy to make big bucks fast. Don't tell anyone but I bought my carrier that way ;). to be honest with you, I think painite is still the best way also safest and fast way even tho...price for it dropped by almost 50%. especially if you play alone (like me). My advice, forget about buying ships, save your money and get a carrier, with carrier money become irrelevant.

Last edited:
thats all you need.

If you want to "finish" engineers then stop farming credits. Farm the stupid mats instead. And just playing means "accept that most of the stuff is just random chance". You play until you got your crappy reward or had enough of the overall hamsterwheeler gameplay and went playing something else.

If you can increase your reputation with a faction, you will get better mission rewards. It also seems to be linked to your ranking - e.g. an Elite Allied CMDR will get better rewards than an unranked neutral.
Delivery missions are a good way of building reputations, but repetitive.
If you go the passenger route method, do be careful of the multi million credit runs - check the distances involved carefully, AND whether the customer is "Wanted".
I'll happily take a wanted passenger, but in my Dolphin which has modified thrusters so I can dock without being scanned (and leave without being scanned)
The Beluga/Orca are OK, but a bit unwieldy.
I've never managed to stack more than 3 missions - it gets too messy

"Robigo run" passenger missions could be worth looking into. If it matches your playstyle, it's been convenient in the past to travel between the two systems and paid well.

That's one way

@Vlindi
If you are into piña col... Sorry ! Combat, I meant combat, BH is fun and profitable (not Bottom Hat.. Bounty Hunting) , as well as the missions that are combat related. Lots of credits there.

On foot, nothing beat hi intensity CZ, got about 1B CR by running High CZ and ranked up at Deadeye, and I find it fun

Than there is Mining, trading, passenger missions . I don't really believe that there are issue in making credits in game.

Just get a little bit out of your usual gameplay and you'll find plenty of way to earn good credits

Top Bottom