Discovery Scanner [Weekly Update] - 04/04/2022

Paul_Crowther

Senior Community Manager
Frontier
Greetings Commanders!

We hope you’re having a wonderful start to your week. Here’s a round-up of what’s happening in Elite:

Community Event Calendar

Now that we're well into April, the Community Event Calendar already features plenty of events this month! If you haven't already, check it out for player-led events to participate in or even submit your own. If you'd like to have your event featured, please make sure to include as much detail as possible. If we're unable to post your submission to the calendar, we'll reply to let you know why so you can make any needed amendments.

New Spring Twitch Drop-Exclusive Paint Jobs

This Thursday will see the first opportunity to pick up the Lax and Calm variants of the Diamondback Explorer Spring paint jobs! Make sure to tune in every Thursday at 16:00 BST (15:00 UTC) at twitch.tv/elitedangerous to pick these up. As before, one hour of viewing will unlock the first paint job and the second hour will unlock the second. This month we'll be streaming on the 7th, 14th, 21st and 28th for around two hours each time, so there'll be plenty of opportunities to rack up the needed watch-time.

These paint jobs will only be available this month so don't miss out!
MicrosoftTeams-image (107).png

MicrosoftTeams-image (111).png

Community Event Calendar Spotlight: D2EA Northstar Get-Away

This week's event spotlight from the Community Calendar goes to the D2EA Northstar Weekend Get-Away hosted by Down to Earth Astronomy! In this event, Astro will travel out to see lightning clouds before heading beyond the galactic plane for an exceptional view of the Milky Way! This event it available to all players and starts at 19:00 GMT+1 (18:00 UTC) so make sure to be at the D2EA Northstar Fleet Carrier in LP 547-159 ahead of time.

Down to Earth Astronomy is a fantastic content creator and if you're not already familiar, we encourage you to check out his videos on https://www.youtube.com/c/DowntoEarthAstronomy

Commander Creations

The SPVFA's own Commander OrangePheonix joined The_CursedTitan on stream to activate a Thargoid structure and enjoy the show while taking some excellent snaps in the process! We hope you enjoy these shots and give these Commanders a follow on Twitter and Twitch:
MicrosoftTeams-image (109).jpg

MicrosoftTeams-image (108).jpg

That's all for this week, thanks for reading!

O7

We appreciate that you don't want to give away future items of artistic direction and content about the game but it would be great to hear more about the technical development process: past, present and future. What's happening about the issue tracker and the items on it? Are these being worked on? When tickets expire should we be raising new ones for a persistent issue? It's very difficult to tell if we're being helpful.

I echo the sentiment about wanting news on upcoming developments, or at least the confirmation that there are upcoming developments, aside from defect fixes.

I think ED deserves a thorough reinvigoration of its core mechanics, and a bunch of additional content.
I don't think an overhaul of core mechanics is in the cards. It's a ton of work and not something the marketing team could easily sell to the media/potential new players.

Expect Frontier to conclude the already prepared story threads and that's it. We haven't heard anything indicating otherwise for the whole year.

Greetings Commanders!

We hope you’re having a wonderful start to your week. Here’s a round-up of what’s happening in Elite:

Community Event Calendar

Now that we're well into April, the Community Event Calendar already features plenty of events this month! If you haven't already, check it out for player-led events to participate in or even submit your own. If you'd like to have your event featured, please make sure to include as much detail as possible. If we're unable to post your submission to the calendar, we'll reply to let you know why so you can make any needed amendments.

New Spring Twitch Drop-Exclusive Paint Jobs

This Thursday will see the first opportunity to pick up the Lax and Calm variants of the Diamondback Explorer Spring paint jobs! Make sure to tune in every Thursday at 16:00 BST (15:00 UTC) at twitch.tv/elitedangerous to pick these up. As before, one hour of viewing will unlock the first paint job and the second hour will unlock the second. This month we'll be streaming on the 7th, 14th, 21st and 28th for around two hours each time, so there'll be plenty of opportunities to rack up the needed watch-time.

These paint jobs will only be available this month so don't miss out!
View attachment 300097
View attachment 300098

Community Event Calendar Spotlight: D2EA Northstar Get-Away

This week's event spotlight from the Community Calendar goes to the D2EA Northstar Weekend Get-Away hosted by Down to Earth Astronomy! In this event, Astro will travel out to see lightning clouds before heading beyond the galactic plane for an exceptional view of the Milky Way! This event it available to all players and starts at 19:00 GMT+1 (18:00 UTC) so make sure to be at the D2EA Northstar Fleet Carrier in LP 547-159 ahead of time.

Down to Earth Astronomy is a fantastic content creator and if you're not already familiar, we encourage you to check out his videos on https://www.youtube.com/c/DowntoEarthAstronomy

Commander Creations

The SPVFA's own Commander OrangePheonix joined The_CursedTitan on stream to activate a Thargoid structure and enjoy the show while taking some excellent snaps in the process! We hope you enjoy these shots and give these Commanders a follow on Twitter and Twitch:
View attachment 300099
View attachment 300100

That's all for this week, thanks for reading!

O7
Any news on transfers from console to pc accounts. Yet

Thanks for the roundup. Looking forward to this weeks stream!

Any chance for some development related news this time?
As it stands right now we are still pretty much left in the dark on the future of the game, which is a pity - I loved your approach last year.
It's crazy. Regarding communication on short term development the last year was the best since 2014. What happened? 'We finally figured out how to do it right, so let's stop it'?

I don't think an overhaul of core mechanics is in the cards. It's a ton of work and not something the marketing team could easily sell to the media/potential new players.

Expect Frontier to conclude the already prepared story threads and that's it. We haven't heard anything indicating otherwise for the whole year.
That’s a reasonable expectation given the history of development on this game, but dare I say a similar approach to what I’ve suggested worked for that other previously massively criticised space game.

It’s worth a couple tons of work in my opinion, and it’s something existing players would sell to new players through word of mouth and positive reviews, which would generate a buzz that the media would then pick up on and amplify.

I don’t expect any of this of course, but I don’t mind advocating for it.

Top Bottom