Discovery Scanner - 27/06/2022

The PWA / Subsurface mining didnt made it into acknowledged issues either

Issue Tracker:

One other thing that really bugs me (older this time is the vanishing of materials while on foot if we ride with the srv wheels over them and also the way them material collisions work - shooting materials over the horizon)

Thanks Zac, it's nicely written! (y)

One thing, just a suggestion for a part of Thursday's livestream when is game played: please reconsider (generally) playing in "Open" in players crowded areas (or well known areas) especially if you really want show on stream how you will reach some concrete place/destination. Succesfull dealing with uncontrolled players behaviour brings very often a need of flight plans changes. The less experience player have and the less survivable ship is used, the sooner is needed to decide to do flight-plan changes (i.e. jump elsewhere). Waiting for interdiction start (which is on some places in "Open" just a matter of time) is usually not a good decision and can only end on rebuy screen.

Last edited:
Thanks Zac, it's nicely written! (y)

One thing, just a suggestion for a part of Thursday's livestream when is game played: please reconsider (generally) playing in "Open" in players crowded areas (or well known areas) especially if you really want show on stream how you will reach some concrete place/destination. Succesfull dealing with uncontrolled players behaviour brings very often a need of flight plans changes. The less experience player have and the less survivable ship is used, the sooner is needed to decide to do flight-plan changes (i.e. jump elsewhere). Waiting for interdiction start (which is on some places in "Open" just a matter of time) is usually not a good decision and can only end on rebuy screen.

Nah, they knew what they were doing. Player interaction in open is chaotic sometimes, and the community managers know that they're likely to be ganked when they hop into open during a stream. They handled it calmly and professionally. They took a couple of lumps for the laughs, then switched over to solo.

Nah, they knew what they were doing. Player interaction in open is chaotic sometimes, and the community managers know that they're likely to be ganked when they hop into open during a stream. They handled it calmly and professionally. They took a couple of lumps for the laughs, then switched over to solo.

IMO the entire stream fizzled the moment they were ganked for the second time.
The fact that the interdiction is so heavily biased towards the the interdictor doesn't help and the only way to reach your goals for that gaming session is to either block the ganker or play in solo/pg (unless the entire gaming session purpose is let yourself interdicted)

IMO the entire stream fizzled the moment they were ganked for the second time.
The fact that the interdiction is so heavily biased towards the the interdictor doesn't help and the only way to reach your goals for that gaming session is to either block the ganker or play in solo/pg (unless the entire gaming session purpose is let yourself interdicted)
There is the turn off the FSD trick which is a bit of a cat and mouse way to avoid them, but I agree that there should be a chance to escape interdiction.

Have some new people playing odyssey and we've experienced CTD. Advised each of them to fill out the crash report that pops up when it happens.

The PWA / Subsurface mining didnt made it into acknowledged issues either

Issue Tracker:

One other thing that really bugs me (older this time is the vanishing of materials while on foot if we ride with the srv wheels over them and also the way them material collisions work - shooting materials over the horizon)

The strange thing about this - I updated the nVidia drivers a couple of days ago, and now the pulse wave is working fine.

Anyone having same bug with infiltrate megaship navlink missions https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/50643?

Previously it was that when multiple missions are taken the game somehow marked incorrect mission as completed (different systems). Now it seems there is another (or additional) bug - these missions are impossible to complete at all after completing few of them. Even if they are taken one by one.

I like these missions in general as they usually provide quite interesting and challenging experience (especially for small ships). Incoming waves of enemies attacking megaship, stealing cargo or damaging generators. And I am very disappointed that it could not be fixed for very long time.

@Zac Cocken any chance to fix it? Or mark as confirmed at least?

Anyone having same bug with infiltrate megaship navlink missions https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/50643?

Previously it was that when multiple missions are taken the game somehow marked incorrect mission as completed (different systems). Now it seems there is another (or additional) bug - these missions are impossible to complete at all after completing few of them. Even if they are taken one by one.

I like these missions in general as they usually provide quite interesting and challenging experience (especially for small ships). Incoming waves of enemies attacking megaship, stealing cargo or damaging generators. And I am very disappointed that it could not be fixed for very long time.

@Zac Cocken any chance to fix it? Or mark as confirmed at least?
... Edited because I didn't see the original issue link. >.>

Last edited:
Top Bottom