Mauve Adders and latency issues [01-02 Sept]

sallymorganmoore

Senior Community Manager : Elite Dangerous
Greetings Commanders.

Just a really quick post to acknowledge reports of latency issues and matchmaking/Mauve Adder errors that have been experienced from some time yesterday, through this morning also.

The team are working on stabilizing the situation as I type, with hopefully some improvements already being seen now on live game.

I'll continue to keep an eye out through the course of the day.

Please do post in this thread if any of the following persists:
  • Longer than usual system jump times.
  • Mauve Adders.
  • Latency issues when performing actions such as selling and interacting.

Here to help! Thank you!

o7

I was getting error'd to menu a bunch yesterday around the area that (REDACTED) was happening and on the way back home afterward. Once I was clear of the area last night and this morning, things were fine for the most part, haven't had an issue yet outside of a single long jump.

I've been playing for like 30 minutes this morning and it seems okay so far. Last night though it was bad. I was getting 3 or 4 disconnects in 30 minutes. They were mostly Blue Cobra and Orange Sidewinder for me though.

Thanks Sally and everyone at Frontier working on the issue.

...and here's me thinking it was that thing in the sky disrupting everything.

I assume the servers are hosted in Oochorrs UF-J c11-0 (what even would the AWS region code for that be) and the anomaly swinging by screwed everything up?

Could be ;)

I suspect it's related to console account owners shuffling assets & carriers around following yesterday's announcement myself.

Here's what was and wasn't slow/throwing errors last night for me - don't have the time to play now to test, but perhaps it helps finding the cause:

What had issues/didn't work:
- loading into the game at a base level (super slow, occasional mauve adder until I finally got in)
- loading mission boards at any station (would mostly just fail via timeout)
- jumping anywhere, whether between systems or just into supercruise
- selling cartographics data

What worked without any hitches:
- NPC spawning & behaviour, e.g. bounty hunting in a RES, conflict zones, docking at stations, refuelling/repairing your ship

So basically, if you stayed within a system and didn't do anything mission-related there were only slightly longer loading times on entering supercruise.

sallymorganmoore

Senior Community Manager : Elite Dangerous
Hey all! Lovely to see no major issues following tweaks this morning.
Just to save you time - anything you experienced last night or previously this morning won't be anything we can deal with at this point if it's not happening now (if you get me).
Anything that is still happening now - Happy to jump right on it o7 Thanks so many millions, as always.

I had some fun last night. Managed to stay in game and watch the stargoid zoom past (while many others had coloured snakes). Later I started jumping my carrier back into the bubble, and on the second to last jump I found myself teleported from the carrier commander chair, to EVA on the carrier deck. Spent some time flying around the outside of the carrier until I managed to enter the bridge through the big window. Once on the inside I still had the helmet on and could either EVA around or run with maglocked boots. My plasma weapons also worked, though they did no damage. Doors opened for me, but there was no ship available through the elevator. A relog didn't help either as it just put me back in EVA mode. So I basically had to wait until I ran out of energy and asphyxiated, the most painful death I've experienced so far in game. Once dead I found myself at a 0cr rebuy screen and got back into my ship.

It was the best server problem experience I've had so far in game, and obviously there has been work done on an EVA mode even if it still needs substantial developer love.

Thanks for a great experience! :D

I can't even launch the game right now - launcher keeps telling me either I need an update, I need to install (I don't) or internal server error. My internet connection is fine, and I see from squad chat on discord at least half-a-dozen others currently having same issue, as well as them reporting multiple disconnects throughout the day.
Any news?

Same here too.

I am having a LOT of trouble trying to access the game at all.

First, I tried to log into Odyssey and it errored out after the main intro movie, saying it couldn't contact the login server. When I got dumped back to desktop, the launcher said Ody wasn't installed. I reloaded the launcher and was told I didn't own Elite at all (only option was to purchase it)!

Rebooted my PC and tried again. Same things happened. So I tried Horizons and that loaded up OK, albeit quite a bit slower. So I logged out and tried Ody again. Now I'm getting the Ody intro, but when I get to the main menu, it's just plain old Elite, not Ody and not even Horizons.

Something is very, very wrong at the moment....

Hi there ever since last night I have been getting random fade to black screens with no error message and needing to hard close Elite.

I am having another problem with my steam consistently unlinking itself, and now its says i dont have the game installed.

But since yesterday evening I have been getting tunneling issues, menu hangs and CTD.

Done all the usual checks on my end!

Top Bottom