Thargoid War Rebalancing

Bruce G

B
Greetings Commanders,

After the first week of the war and the arrival of additional Maelstroms, the overall pressure applied by the Thargoids became more evenly distributed. Now that the Thargoid War is well underway and all eight Maelstroms have arrived in the bubble, we have a clearer view of what level of effort players are capable of applying to resist the Thargoid Threat.

On Thursday, we’ll reduce the activity required to fill system state progress bars. This change will come with the weekly tick, so will be in effect as of the next cycle without any update or downtime. We hope you’re enjoying the content from Update 14 and are excited to continue watching the unified effort push back against the invasion. We’ll see you in 3309!

O7

As long as it remains difficult and dangerous, I'm all for adjustments. But yes, please don't make it easy. I finally (after 2 years of playing nearly daily) have a reason to engineer my ships...

🎄Happy Holidays🎁Merry Christmas🎅Happy New Year🎉

Last edited:
I'm just apprehensive that they're going to nerf the Thargoid War mechanic into the ground and make it -easy because of the whining from AX groups who couldn't win entire sectors back within the first week of the War starting...
I get the impression it's regular groups complaining that their home system is about to get taken over and with AXI focusing most playerbase attention around Taranis, they're in danger of being pushed out. I can sympathize, but if the Thargoids aren't a threat when the narrative is that humanity's existence is at stake, it will ruin the whole thing. They're supposed to step on a few toes if what they want is to take over the bubble.

Can you please have a look at the systems around the Leigong maelstrom? There are thargoid controlled systems that are not showing on the map and they seem to be multiplying with no alert system states...

Woot. I'd still prefer to reduce or remove the weekly reset to help with more complex long- term strategies, but this works too.
It's not a reset. The cycle progress bar refers to the week's mission objectives -a couple stations. If we fail to defend them we lose the stations and the Thargoids move on to new stations which means nem objectives (stakes) which generates a new progress bar. If we ran out of stations through x weeks, we lose the system. So we are not talking about the same stations so it's not a reset per se, but a new progress bar. Take the cycles as our lives, and the progress bar as a lifebar of a single heart - kinda how Thargoid hearts work.

Greetings Commanders,

After the first week of the war and the arrival of additional Maelstroms, the overall pressure applied by the Thargoids became more evenly distributed. Now that the Thargoid War is well underway and all eight Maelstroms have arrived in the bubble, we have a clearer view of what level of effort players are capable of applying to resist the Thargoid Threat.

On Thursday, we’ll reduce the activity required to fill system state progress bars. This change will come with the weekly tick, so will be in effect as of the next cycle without any update or downtime. We hope you’re enjoying the content from Update 14 and are excited to continue watching the unified effort push back against the invasion. We’ll see you in 3309!

O7
Thanks, now if we can get some missions boards to work in the invaded systems we might be able to win. Locked out all day yesterday.

Top Bottom