GalNet News Round Up - 20 January 3309

Paul_Crowther

Community Manager
Frontier
Greetings Commanders!

The sky has aligned once more, as the celestial bodies above us reposition themselves to indicate that time marches ever onwards and we are all insignificant specks to the endless cosmos. Before we all slip away into existential dread, lets distract ourselves with a summary of this week's GalNet offerings!

GNRU20012023.png

PRINCESS AISLING ECHOES AEGIS REFORMATION CALLS - 16 January 3309
Everyone's favourite space waifu has once again put out a diplomatically reworded message of "For crying out loud, can we not work together for a little bit so we don't all die?!?!". With Thargoid forces slaughtering humanity at an unprecedented rate, Aisling Duvall has reached out to the Empire to suggest that cooperation and the reforming of Aegis is the best way to avoid everyone being brutally disintegrated. Thus suggesting that thinking you are better than everyone else has less of an impact when you no longer have limbs. Some senators have started to agree with the idea of maybe not dying but the Imperial Palace is currently pretending no one is home, which is making life very awkward for that one delivery guy who's been waiting for someone to answer the door.

EXPERIMENTAL WEAPON STABILISER INITIATIVE BEGINS - 19 January 3309
After thoroughly shaving off their evil villain goatees and pretending that they really do love kittens after all, resident "totally not bad guys" science group Azimuth is back and asking freelance pilots for help. They are looking to gather all the resources needed to creat a new weapon stabiliser to help pilots attach even more weapons of alien doom to their ships without the need for quite as much duct tape. Likewise, Azimuth is well aware that these deliveries have a spot of value so they'll also be looking for people to protect them from the big bad pirates who want to steal their stuff. A spokesperson for Operation Wych Hunt is quoted as saying "Could we maybe look at actually investigating and punishing these clearly evil scientists at some point?".

THARGOID WAR UPDATE: JANUARY 3309 - 20 January 3309
Vox Galactica reporter Jade Sanderlyn has shared an update on the Thargoid war so far. Whilst things have definitely been tough, pilots have been valiantly fighting back against the Thargoids and limiting the devastation. Of course, with those big scary Maelstroms still lurking in their caustic clouds, judging our paint jobs, the war remains far from over. There is hope though (which is always a danger. At least you know where you stand with bleak inevitability) as the study of new relics could pave the way to breaking through those caustic clouds and maybe getting up close and personal with whatever lurks within.

That's it for this week. Wipe away those tears of existential horror and pretend you're fine and well so the neighbours don't see the truth about you. We'll be back next week if this universe hasn't been consumed by an even bigger one by then. TTFN!

I had a dream. Or perhaps it was a premonition.

A small faction offered me a job for a reward of five manufacturing instructions. In return, they needed me to simply fly to a settlement they had lost contact with, perhaps without power, and get the gaff back up-and-running.

When I landed, I had to run a bypass to open the doors of the PWR building. Inside, I could see signs of small-arms fire which didn't bode well.

I did power up the settlement without issue.

Then I saw curious, resinous extrusions on the walls. There was a faint skittering

Then movement.

"They're coming out of the god-damn walls!" I spluttered down my comms. A milky, saliva-like mucus started dripping from the ceiling...

How I wished I'd found an engineer that could modify my shotgun (I keep this for close encounters) with xeno-defence protocols...

Then I woke up. Phew. For one moment I thought I'd stumbled on an on-foog XCZ! Jonesy, the little onion-head cat looked at me and hissed.

My chest hurt.

Last edited:
Top Bottom