GalNet News Roundup - 20 April 3309

Paul_Crowther

Community Manager
Frontier
Greetings all!

To celebrate the return of Frameshift Live, and not at all because an unnamed but incredibly handsome staff member forgot he was off on Friday, we're here with a fresh edition of the GalNet roundup for this week!

GalNetRoundUp20042023.png

AEGIS REPORTS ON UTOPIA’S SIM-ARCHIVE - 17 April 3309
After suggestions that Salvation was in cahoots with them to aid in his digital ascension, Utopia invited a bunch of Aegis boffins to take a look at their technology. The group played around with the hilariously fun, and not at all mind numbingly terrifying practice of uploading one persons memories into the database so another could access them and not even tell them apart from their own. Ah ha ha! Isn't that funny, being able to insert your own memories into someone else and have them feel just like theirs! What possible horrific implications could come from that? Lol. After carefully reviewing the technology, Aegis scientists concluded that the differences between Utopia and the Nemesis Failsafe are too great to suggest collusion. Utopia is designed to preserve memories for future use whereas the Nemesis Failsafe is designed to ensure virtual immortality for people who enjoy twirling their moustaches and laughing atop tall buildings.

ALLIANCE URGES RESTRAINT BETWEEN SUPERPOWERS - 18 April 3309
In a period where insectoid overlords from beyond the stars are trying to one up each other on squashing people, the Alliance has suggested that maybe now is not really the best time for humanity to start helping them by shooting each other. Following on from the clash between Caine-Massey and Torval Mining, both of which have strong ties to the Federation and Empire respectively, the Alliance has stepped into the fray to try and calm things down. Fanning the flames between these two factions will ultimately lead to more work for the Alliance, as it falls on them to try and hold back the starfruits of doom whilst they enjoy some poorly timed PVP. Prime Minister Mahon has suggested sending some envoys to each of the factions, a move which local residents of these areas have termed "Basic common sense" and "Could you maybe just get along until after we've avoided the apocalypse".

OLD RIVALS CLASH AS THARGOIDS ADVANCE - 20 April 3309
Oh for crying out...Not two days after the Alliance asks everyone to calm down, two Federal and Imperial focused groups have decided to ignore the fizzing clouds of imminent doom and focus instead on shooting that bloke who looked at them funny last week. Using some of the flimsiest excuses they could find, two groups based in the Pichch system, the Gauluujja Exchange and the Gliese 44 Citizens' Forum, have decided to start beating each other up. Considering this system is right in the path of the oncoming potential extinction event, local Thargoids were seen to give them a big six thumbs up and encouraging chitters. The two factions are asking Independent Pilots to pick a side and go shoot the other, meanwhile the rest of the galaxy is slightly concerned what effect this could have on supplies for the Thargoid war.

That's it for this week. Join us next time for more nihilistic doom saying, if we haven't all been wiped out by the Outer Gods of course!

Love ur optimistic spirit in trying to promote GalNet News Roundup... but at this point I'm of opinion that no one can roundup anything.. and when i say no one, i mean, not from player base (hard core lore enthusiast) nor from fdev team... you guys (and girls) deluded story telling,so hard, that it feels like, no one has a grip on past, present or future... only thing we can be certain of is "thargoid bad, shoot to kill" and "emp and fed will always be at war" ...
Any attempts to connect stories from past to present is undertaking of huge proportion. Even if u able to connect some dots, you are left with more questions then answers.. if u don't believe me, contact MalicVR and ask him about his ConsspiracyBoard (think that is how he calls it) and he is just one of people, who is trying to keep this thing alive, and there are many others, we talking years of stories, with almost zero conclusions or leads...
And on top of that there are books...do we even want to address that elephant in the room ... what is official and what is not .. not a peep for years .. personally i dont like reading books, in order to be able to find a clue in game, but some people do, and that is all good, at least have courtesy, to say to that player base, what is still IN and what is OUT, lore wise...
People putting lot of time in this game, playing, reading, creating content etc. but at some point, all comes to stagnation, as path is lost and we are in deep woods.. so deep, that its not just, that we lost path, we dont see sky anymore, that is how this woods is thick.
I understand keeping things hush hush and wanting your player base to discover things on their own, many love ED for that reason... but at some point u have to recognize, that is a double edge sword, specially in present state ....
Doing "puzzle things", that most of player base, not even attempting to solve (as they know, Canonn will solve it ) is also not a way to go.. as you might discovered by now ... as it becomes "content for Canonn" .. which is fine, dont get me wrong, but most of people that are not in that kind of "gaming" are not really getting anything out of it ... but even with those noting is gained as they just lead to more questions...
In summary we have so much information scattered around this galaxy, but so little to actually do in game ... at least if i read description of system in game, make it so i can find and visit and interact with those things in game, that are in description ...
so many things to say here and so little time... no1 wants to read wall of text from ranting fool ...
(and i dont count GRIND for materials and engineering as gaming, but i can accept that, in early stage of game development, but after so many years, you should get away from it, but no, you double down with personal equipment), and dont get me started on factions and power play ... oh boy
peace out

Love ur optimistic spirit in trying to promote GalNet News Roundup... but at this point I'm of opinion that no one can roundup anything.. and when i say no one, i mean, not from player base (hard core lore enthusiast) nor from fdev team... you guys (and girls) deluded story telling,so hard, that it feels like, no one has a grip on past, present or future... only thing we can be certain of is "thargoid bad, shoot to kill" and "emp and fed will always be at war" ...
Any attempts to connect stories from past to present is undertaking of huge proportion. Even if u able to connect some dots, you are left with more questions then answers.. if u don't believe me, contact MalicVR and ask him about his ConsspiracyBoard (think that is how he calls it) and he is just one of people, who is trying to keep this thing alive, and there are many others, we talking years of stories, with almost zero conclusions or leads...
And on top of that there are books...do we even want to address that elephant in the room ... what is official and what is not .. not a peep for years .. personally i dont like reading books, in order to be able to find a clue in game, but some people do, and that is all good, at least have courtesy, to say to that player base, what is still IN and what is OUT, lore wise...
People putting lot of time in this game, playing, reading, creating content etc. but at some point, all comes to stagnation, as path is lost and we are in deep woods.. so deep, that its not just, that we lost path, we dont see sky anymore, that is how this woods is thick.
I understand keeping things hush hush and wanting your player base to discover things on their own, many love ED for that reason... but at some point u have to recognize, that is a double edge sword, specially in present state ....
Doing "puzzle things", that most of player base, not even attempting to solve (as they know, Canonn will solve it ) is also not a way to go.. as you might discovered by now ... as it becomes "content for Canonn" .. which is fine, dont get me wrong, but most of people that are not in that kind of "gaming" are not really getting anything out of it ... but even with those noting is gained as they just lead to more questions...
In summary we have so much information scattered around this galaxy, but so little to actually do in game ... at least if i read description of system in game, make it so i can find and visit and interact with those things in game, that are in description ...
so many things to say here and so little time... no1 wants to read wall of text from ranting fool ...
(and i dont count GRIND for materials and engineering as gaming, but i can accept that, in early stage of game development, but after so many years, you should get away from it, but no, you double down with personal equipment), and dont get me started on factions and power play ... oh boy
peace out
Its...just a bit of fun. While EDs lore is as consistent as day old porridge lets not kill fun when it emerges.

Doing "puzzle things", that most of player base, not even attempting to solve (as they know, Canonn will solve it )
That's just a generic trademark. Lots of puzzles are attempted and solved by people outside Canonn ... and then other people (not Canonn themselves) assume "ah, player X solved a puzzle, they must be in Canonn"

It's like back in 2016 where SDC's marketing was so successful that they got "credit" for blowing up about ten times as many unarmed traders as they could possibly have had time for.

peace out
You mean the big picture makes no sense? Hehe, I am not far enough in game to be bored by loose ends, and in RL I am beyond that already. Yes, ic your point(s), but I do not feel them. ED is the perfect imitation of a job. I am fine with it, because I am retired due to disability. I do not need a coherent narration, just a bit of background noise, very much the same like a Sim City newspaper - some hints covered by variations of the basic static plot. It is Noob friendly, and that is a big plus in my book.

Top Bottom