GalNet News Roundup - 5 May 3309

Paul_Crowther

Senior Community Manager
Frontier
Greetings Commanders!

As humanity teeters on the brink of the encroaching abyss, it's time to take a moment and reflect on what's gone wrong...I mean what's in the news this week!

GNRU05052023.png

RACKHAM FUNDRAISER SECURES POLITICAL BACKING - 1 May 3309
Zachary 'Man so rich he thinks the coronation looks low key' Rackham is back in the news this week! In their quest to remain out of touch the rich and famous have flocked to a spectacular gala ball, hosted by presidential hopeful Zachary Rackham. Tastefully held as far away as possible from all the smoldering corpses of the intergalactic war going on right outside the window, Rackham's event wined and dined the disgustingly wealthy with panache. Inconvenient laws stop Captain Ultra Rich from funding his campaign himself, so this event is vitally important for ensuring his campaign can move forward. The event itself was filled with insightful revelations, such as Congressman Harlan Turk resigning from the Republican party to join Team Fancy Pants and the news that celebrity PR consultant Anya Blackriver was the one behind the winner of the least amount of effort in slogans award, Rackham's "Just like me" campaign brand. With funding secured Rackham's campaign now has the chance to gain some real momentum.

RESOURCES NEEDED FOR THARGOID PULSE NEUTRALISER - 2 May 3309
With their tests concluded, and with only moderately severe risk likely to those who use them, Aegis has begun the task of preparing the neutraliser devices to combat the Thargoid Maelstroms. In order to ensure they have an adequate supply of devices for the type of people who like to figure out what type of shark something is by checking their tonsils, Aegis is working to cobble the Pulse Neutralisers together. The main items needed are based on unclassified relics, which are created by interfacing Guardian artefacts with Thargoid surface sites, so Aegis is asking for Independent Pilots to send materials needed to build secure storage their way. Of course, with such high value items floating about the place there's bound to be some morons eyeing up credits instead of not dying to whatever lurks within the swirling clouds of 'probably not custard'. In an effort to handle such low IQ threats, Aegis are also offering bounties on pirates in the area.

SEO JIN-AE: ‘THE THARGOIDS KNOW WE’RE COMING’ - 4 May 3309
Celebrity science experiment and involuntary alien podcaster, Seo Jin-Ae has warned that the Thargoids may not be as oblivious to our really blatant attempts to prod them as we might hope. She revealed that they reacted in a weird way when the probes made it past the pulse and she believe that may mean they are prepared for us to head further in. The Empire has dismissed these claims because being cautious or prepared is for snowflakes who think exploding into atoms isn't good enough for them.

That's it for this week. Join us next time after we've had a chance to maybe see what lurks within...

Greetings Commanders!

As humanity teeters on the brink of the encroaching abyss, it's time to take a moment and reflect on what's gone wrong...I mean what's in the news this week!

View attachment 354841

Zachary 'Man so rich he thinks the coronation looks low key' Rackham is back in the news this week! In their quest to remain out of touch the rich and famous have flocked to a spectacular gala ball, hosted by presidential hopeful Zachary Rackham. Tastefully held as far away as possible from all the smoldering corpses of the intergalactic war going on right outside the window, Rackham's event wined and dined the disgustingly wealthy with panache. Inconvenient laws stop Captain Ultra Rich from funding his campaign himself, so this event is vitally important for ensuring his campaign can move forward. The event itself was filled with insightful revelations, such as Congressman Harlan Turk resigning from the Republican party to join Team Fancy Pants and the news that celebrity PR consultant Anya Blackriver was the one behind the winner of the least amount of effort in slogans award, Rackham's "Just like me" campaign brand. With funding secured Rackham's campaign now has the chance to gain some real momentum.

With their tests concluded, and with only moderately severe risk likely to those who use them, Aegis has begun the task of preparing the neutraliser devices to combat the Thargoid Maelstroms. In order to ensure they have an adequate supply of devices for the type of people who like to figure out what type of shark something is by checking their tonsils, Aegis has requested help in procuring materials to cobble the Pulse Neutralisers together. The main items needed are based on unclassified relics, which are created by interfacing Guardian artefacts with Thargoid surface sites, so Aegis is asking for Independent Pilots to send these their way. Of course, with such high value items floating about the place there's bound to be some morons eyeing up credits instead of not dying to whatever lurks within the swirling clouds of 'probably not custard'. In an effort to handle such low IQ threats, Aegis are also offering bounties on pirates in the area.

Celebrity science experiment and involuntary alien podcaster, Seo Jin-Ae has warned that the Thargoids may not be as oblivious to our really blatant attempts to prod them as we might hope. She revealed that they reacted in a weird way when the probes made it past the pulse and she believe that may mean they are prepared for us to head further in. The Empire has dismissed these claims because being cautious or prepared is for snowflakes who think exploding into atoms isn't good enough for them.

That's it for this week. Join us next time after we've had a chance to maybe see what lurks within...
PackZack.jpg

Daft answer.
Because this is planned there is nothing actually wrong with the servers.

Well, they are unavailable.

1683633005080.png

So, they should not be shown as OK (in green).
I haven't followed the U15 schedule, I just tried to play today a little (after a longer break) and I was greeted with "everything is fine and dandy" in one place and "you shall not play!" in the other.

Not a biggie, I just thought we should have consistent info about the server status.

Greetings Commanders!

View attachment 354841

With their tests concluded, and with only moderately severe risk likely to those who use them, Aegis has begun the task of preparing the neutraliser devices to combat the Thargoid Maelstroms. In order to ensure they have an adequate supply of devices for the type of people who like to figure out what type of shark something is by checking their tonsils, Aegis is working to cobble the Pulse Neutralisers together. The main items needed are based on unclassified relics, which are created by interfacing Guardian artefacts with Thargoid surface sites, so Aegis is asking for Independent Pilots to send materials needed to build secure storage their way. Of course, with such high value items floating about the place there's bound to be some morons eyeing up credits instead of not dying to whatever lurks within the swirling clouds of 'probably not custard'. In an effort to handle such low IQ threats, Aegis are also offering bounties on pirates in the area.

That's it for this week. Join us next time after we've had a chance to maybe see what lurks within..

Greetings Commanders!

View attachment 354841

I was wondering, why does legacy still have the option to select "play" where the galnet articles used to be ? They (we) no longer get any galnet news ,so why keep the opinion in the first place ?

A bit off topic but why doesn't the launcher reflect the server status?
The servers are currently offline for U15, yet the launcher says SERVER STATUS: OK.

View attachment 355222
I don't think anyone has paid attention to this for at least a couple of years. It never really worked reliably iirc.

Maybe we need a server status status. 😄

Well, they are unavailable.

View attachment 355224

So, they should not be shown as OK (in green).
I haven't followed the U15 schedule, I just tried to play today a little (after a longer break) and I was greeted with "everything is fine and dandy" in one place and "you shall not play!" in the other.

Not a biggie, I just thought we should have consistent info about the server status.
(The Servers are UP, You are locked out while testing of Updates happens .....)

Top Bottom