Console (PS4) to PC Transfer (Steam Key?)

Hi, I wanted to use Steam for Elite Dangerous Horizons. However I'm from PS4 and want to PC Transfer.

I've read on how to setup steam key, but am confused. Do I need to buy Elite Dangerous for Steam?

What I mean is this part that confuses me

"Please note: The keys you generate will add your games to any Steam library but WILL NOT GRANT ACCESS TO ELITE: DANGEROUS/HORIZONS.
For this reason, please do not give your Partner key away to a friend! They won’t be able to play without having already bought the game from Steam or from the Frontier Store."

I know it refers to friends. But was wondering if this refers to anyone and not friend, like myself? Can anyone please explain to me in simple terms please.

Also I plan to buy Elite Dangerous Odyssey via steam. How would this work? Is steam key like a game in which I can buy Odyssey and make in game purchases?

With that being asked, another question. Since I don't have a PC copy yet of Elite Dangerous, was wondering is my forum account same as my PS4 account? I don't have another email to login to Elite Dangerous game PC, can I use same email link to my PS4/forum.

Any help is greatly appreciated and many thanks in advance. Also sorry I'm too confusing.

I'm not sure about the Steam key, but let me see if I can clear up a few things.

First of all when you perform the console to PC transfer, you'll be gifted a copy of the base game on PC. This can be either started from the Frontier launcher or linked to a Steam account to be used on Steam. In order to play Odyssey you'll also need a copy of the DLC. My recommendation would be to buy it directly from Frontier for added flexibility. Even though the sale seems to be gone from the Frontier store right now, it will most likely return very soon and should last until midnight on September the 25th.

Doing it this way ought to assure that you can run the game both on Steam and directly from Frontier's launcher.

Regarding the transfer itself, I think you need to register a new account with Frontier and provide this when you actually perform the transfer. You'll end up with a still functioning console account, and with an additional PC account.

Hopefully someone who has actually done the transfer can fill in any details that I've missed.

Support Luna

Customer Support
Frontier
The transfer tool grants you a Horizons license on the account you transfer to, so you won't need to buy a copy. You can then claim a partner key from Steam for this license to install through your library there.

The warning text you quoted is just saying that the partner key can only be used alongside the Frontier account from which it was generated, and won't work by itself : )

Once you've added Horizons to Steam with this key, you're fine to then buy Odyssey from Steam too.

Top Bottom