7800 X3D and OLED... Massive upgrade!

I just upgraded my computer monitor to a ROG Swift OLED PG34WCDM from a VA 144hz 34" widescreen... The game is STUNNING in OLED. The blacks are so beautiful, motion clarity is insane! The details I can see now is amazing!

The AMD 7800 X3D was a massive improvement, this really increased the frame rate on planets from about 60 fps to 120... Massive. The game runs so much smoother now!

@Darkman Returns The 7800 X3D was about 30% faster than the!9 10900f in other games, and about that in the stations, that's why I was blown away when the settlements pretty much doubled in frame rate. They are much smoother now as well. I'd bet that is due to the large 96MB L3 cache.

I'm getting a RTX 4080 tomorrow and my current 3080 will be going to replace my grandsons much beleaguered GTX 1080.

Odyssey settlements are heavily dependent on both CPU and memory subsystem performance. The large cache on the X3D parts helps considerably with the latter, but the faster CPU still sees benefits: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threa...vs-ryzen-7000-series-etc.608969/post-10166337

7800X3D is still one of the fastest CPUs for this game (and most others), but chances are you'll still be CPU limited with that RTX 4080 at anything short of 4k ultra, at least at larger settlements with more action.

Real problem, even with the current update, is that those loading spikes when dop ships spawn in during CZs never really go away.

Odyssey settlements are heavily dependent on both CPU and memory subsystem performance. The large cache on the X3D parts helps considerably with the latter, but the faster CPU still sees benefits: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threa...vs-ryzen-7000-series-etc.608969/post-10166337

7800X3D is still one of the fastest CPUs for this game (and most others), but chances are you'll still be CPU limited with that RTX 4080 at anything short of 4k ultra, at least at larger settlements with more action.

Real problem, even with the current update, is that those loading spikes when dop ships spawn in during CZs never really go away.
I would never consider running 4K until a mid range card can handle it at >100hz. It's just stupid expensive to chase high framerate gaming with a very top end GPU.

As far as surface CZs, I've been there, done that, through the t-shirt away and don't have any plans to do them again.

My 5800X3D is still kicking ass big time.
So those on AM4: this is still a worthy upgrade.
I just upgraded from the 5800X to the 5800X3D. I concur - there's a significant improvement in ground CZs. Framerate is higher and frametimes are much more consistent. Sure, it's not going to trouble my FPS cap, but the only time I notice now is when the dropships spawn.

Initially, I wasn't that impressed, but then I undervolted it. It boosts to 4.45GHz and just... stays there. CPU temps peak in the mid-60s.

All my kids now have 5000 series CPUs too.

Back
Top Bottom