A challenging new start for my second account

I'm starting from Matet again and get out of the sandbox immediately.
Then straight off to Coalsack, upgrading the Sidey as I go. Replace it with a Hauler then start to do some decent exploring.
Then go straight to a DBX and equip it with the special 5A FSD.
Also, I'll play in open and when I get killed I'll take the Sidey again.
That would keep me busy for a couple of weeks no?

What is the difficulty?
Increase the cost of all ships to 1 million, by 10
from 1 million to 10 million, by 5
from 10 million to 100 million, by 2.5
also equipment.
The cost of fuel by 100, repair by 10
If you were shot down, then return to the Sidewinder.
You can replace it with a portable rescue capsule, reset it during the battle through the "Reset all Cargo" button"
This will be, at least in part, a difficulty.
FD greatly simplified the game progression.
It is not difficult to lead a career in the OPEN.

Last edited:
I'm starting from Matet again and get out of the sandbox immediately.
Then straight off to Coalsack, upgrading the Sidey as I go. Replace it with a Hauler then start to do some decent exploring.
Then go straight to a DBX and equip it with the special 5A FSD.
Also, I'll play in open and when I get killed I'll take the Sidey again.
That would keep me busy for a couple of weeks no?

I did the same pre-EDO and took Cobra MKIII to Colonia! Have fun CMDR!

I tried something like this a while back, but it turned into more accounting than playing.
Also you're making the Type 6 cheaper than the Cobra Mk IV.
After some fiddling this is the formula I'll use to calculate the correct price for every ship.

Cp = Bp^(3/4) x 125

List of corrected ship prices:
  • Sidewinder: 299k
  • Hauler: 434k
  • a DSS: 1.397k
  • DBX: 6.381k
Might be worth to swing by a Li Yong-Rui system.

That's right with the Cobra MK4, it's an exclusive ship, it's worth the money.

I like that I'm not the only hardcore RP player.

Now I'm waiting for the rules of the Odyssey to become stable.
This is necessary for the formation of the final rules of the RP game, including ED: RPG and Elite Encounters RPG applicable to Odyssey.

Last edited:
I did the same pre-EDO and took Cobra MKIII to Colonia! Have fun CMDR!
Thanks, I'm planning to explore the Hauler all the way to a DBX, then get the pre-engineered FSD thereby avoiding most of the grind.

ED Coelho station.jpg

Cmdr Robin Roodborst pre-flight checks the Early Bird. With the D-rated FSD and armament and SRV hanger stripped, she has a 10.5 ly jumprange.​

ED pre-flight check.jpg

Ready to take off from Coelho station.​

Attachments

• ED Coelho station.jpg
    ED Coelho station.jpg
    900.7 KB · Views: 46
That's right with the Cobra MK4, it's an exclusive ship, it's worth the money.

I like that I'm not the only hardcore RP player.

Now I'm waiting for the rules of the Odyssey to become stable.
This is necessary for the formation of the final rules of the RP game, including ED: RPG and Elite Encounters RPG applicable to Odyssey.
The Cobra Mk IV was just an example. The DBS is also more expensive than the Type 6.
The Python at 142MCr is nearly as expensive as the Anaconda and the Type 9 would be more expansive than the Corvette.

Anyway, I changed the formula to

Cp = sqrt(Bp) x 15000

The corrected pricelist now looks like this:
  • Sidewinder: 2.7 MCr
  • Hauler: 3.4 MCr
  • a DSS: 7.5 Mcr
  • DBX: 20.6 MCr
This is a graph comparing your system (red) to my formula (yellow)

1627725057838.png

Above 100 million, I would multiply by 1.5, but my plans did not include buying these ships.

Your formula is more interesting in terms of increasing the cost of purchase, ownership, but it is more difficult to apply it, the coefficient is easier. I multiplied it and got the amount.

What other complications, approximations to reality, do you plan to use? I would be happy to discuss and start applying new options that I had previously missed.

In order to keep the accounting down to a minimum, I take the rebuy value of the ship, multiply that by 20.
The result is the total value of the ship with all the modules and options. Take the square root, multiply by 15,000 and this is the corrected value of your ship.
I don't take into account repairs or refueling.

I started from Matet and arrived in the Coalsack, D-rated most modules on the way. Have around 3 MCr in exploration data, and I'll use it to get a Hauler.
Next upgrade is probably the DSS, but that can take a while.

An explorer's career.
In the original version, I have such options.
1. I don't scan inhabited worlds.
2. Should I scan uninhabited worlds if they are already known? (under consideration)
3. Earn money on quests that already exist in the game. (INRA, guardians, abandoned settlements, wrecked ships, salvage of property.)

An explorer's career.
In the original version, I have such options.
1. I don't scan inhabited worlds.
2. Should I scan uninhabited worlds if they are already known? (under consideration)
3. Earn money on quests that already exist in the game. (INRA, guardians, abandoned settlements, wrecked ships, salvage of property.)
Some excellent suggestions.
Returned from Coalsack and was able to get a DSS.
The idea is to go our there and do some real deep space exploring. Will probably go to Parrot's Head Sector EL-Y d83. It's a popular mining system so there should be FC's there that I can use as a base for exploring.
Got 9 MCr in the bank and got promoted to trailblazer.

ED Hauler on FC.jpg

Cmdr Roodborst sitting pretty in her Hauler on an FC in Parrot's Head Sector EL-Y d83.

She commented on the journey: "The Paper Plane performed very nicely and we had only limited damage on this long trip. At least the Hauler has a cockpit whereas the Sideys chair is directly bolted to the FSD. And that basic comfort is very welcome on these long trips.
We even managed to scan and map some undiscovered planets. All in all, a very smooth first exploration trip into the black."

When asked about her future plans: "First a decent shower and a hot meal. Then the idea is to get a DBX and equip it with the pre-engineered FSD. That's when the exploration will start for real".

Not the last we've heard from this young lady for sure. 👩‍🚀

Last edited:
ED DBX.jpg

Cmdr Robin Roodborst in the big chair of her brand new DBX

Asked for a comment she replied: "Returned to the bubble to pick up my DBX Jumpin' Jack. Had to settle for an B-rated FSD but she still jumps 29 LY.
I liked the Sidey and the Hauler was a nice upgrade. But this is another level, The DBX is a tool for the professional explorer. I'm sooo excited and can't wait to install the pre-engineered FSD. I've been told I need

• 26 Tellurium
  • 26 Electrochemical Arrays
  • 28 Chemical Processors
  • 18 Datamined Wake Exceptions
Anybody know where I can find those?"

Last edited:
I'm back guys, did you miss me?
Had a bit off luck last week as a commander offered to take me to Synuefe GB-O c9-8 to join the Black Flight adventure.
And we had a blast, found the Overlook. Used SRV Wheel's on fire to gather data in Ford Ash and entered a Tharg base.
Sadly no pics, the Tharg interference whiped my SD card I'm afraid. :rolleyes:
Back in the bubble now, looking to get the pre-engineered FSD.

Last edited:
Ok, got the pre-engineered FSD and added the mass manager. Also got the pre-engineered DSS. So with Jumpin' Jack jumping 64 ly I guess we're all set to do some deep space exploring.

It is very much possible to start exploring quickly, with a minimum of grind:
  • get a Hauler and equip it with a DSS and wake scanner
  • scan ships, wakes and map planets
  • upgrade to a DBX
  • get the pre-engineered FSD and DSS
  • go explore

A short update.
I hitched a ride on a friendly FC and was able to do some serious exploring up to 5k LY out of the bubble.
The plan is to go to the core with another FC and to help out with trit mining to fuel the beest. This requires a Phantom.

Top Bottom