A kick in the 'Teeth' for the Green team???

Wishful thinking.
Chances of AMD delivering a GPU that's comparable or better than 3080ti or Titan "at the same time" as those come to market are slim to none.
Hope I'm wrong though, competition is sorely needed in the enthusiast segment.

A dated article btw...
Nvidia has not released anything better then the Titan for a long time now. Also no information on anything like a rtx 3080(ti). I hope they show their cards soon if any

Here is a more recent article about AMDs new upcoming card: https://www.fudzilla.com/news/graphics/50082-amd-says-big-navi-is-coming sadly Nvidia showed nothing at CES.

I am happy tho… Amd went from very low to 50 dollars this week :)
Lol - AMD hasn't delivered anything better than the Titan for much longer. I wouldn't expect NV to show anything for Ampere at CES for the same reason AMD said nothing on Zen 3; they're both still churning out ( and selling inventory ) on current lines. For instance, if they let on that the 3080 Ti was landing in march, what would happen to their inventory of 2080Ti's? We'd all wait either for Ampere or the inevitable price cuts on Turing - there's no benefit to NV in announcing yet. ( See 'The Osborne Effect'. Osborne Computers had a fair shot at killing Dell in the early days but were killed by their own early product announcements )

AMD on the other hand have nothing competitive in that space so it's in their interest to announce early to try and to discourage would-be buyers of high end NV ahead of Big Navi.

If they can get close on performance, and at the current AMD/NVidia 75% cost difference in AMDs favor, I'd say they'll sell like crazy.

What I am saying is that we'd all love to have a 2080ti in our boxes... but I can't justify that kind of cash. $1200 is a lot for just the video card. So we buy as close as we can. A 5700 XT is equivalent to a 2070 Super, and about 66% of the price. So if AMD can come up with something close to a 2080ti, or 3080ti, and the same price range ? Yeah, I can see it kicking team green. Current Nvdia prices are insane. I know where my money is going.

I'm just waiting fro a few months. Both AMD and NVidia are promising new cards i the next few months and either the new ones will be affordable, or current high end cards will be once the new stuff makes a splash.

Rumors today of NVIDIA's ampere being 75% faster than current gen, so I don't think they've got much to worry about, but either way, competition is good for us, and we certainly need all the performance we can get for VR, and particularly for Elite which doesn't seem to be well optimized.

Top Bottom