A Thargoid Dream

Well, this was just a dream, it should be in Lore but I am posting here because it can bring some interesting ideas to future game mechanics.

I'm currently on an exploration wheel heading to Bubble Nebula, in a sector never before visited by man, only to unlock access to Palin. Last night I completed 5300y and got your message while I discovered there was a Megaship nearby, and I was struck by the doubt of going home, going to the nebula, or heading for Megaship.

That was when I had a dream.

In my dream I intended to advance my journey towards Megaship. I took a look at my Synthesis materials and realized that I could make a single premium infusion that would give me 100% of my heel. And it was I who did it.
Strangely, the Hyperjump period was longer than I remembered, it was when I heard the metal of my ship scream is a sudden impact made me jump from the chair in a scare.
"Shields off-line". Something that seemed to be a wreck struck my ship and the impact was cruel, knocked over my shield and tripped the canopy. In Hyperjump I could do nothing but look sideways, and to the left of the ship I could see, for a second, the input distortion of a capital ship within Whitch space, so the jump ended and I saw myself Opposite the target star.

I was scared and full of questions. Hit by a wreck? Distortion in witchspace? I took a breath and started working. I looked up at the sky and looked at the stars, opened the map, and calculated the distances between my jump and the direction of the distortion I had seen inside the Witchspace. I triangulated a region that would be the likely direction and made a new Synthesis (standard) and jumped.

It was the scariest thing I've ever seen in my life.

My ship trembled and the metal screamed and beat. Wrecks all over the witchspace. A warning of "unsteady jumping" appeared and the ship began to spin disoriented, were pieces of megaship passing me by on all sides. The witchspace was distorted and in waves, with rays crossing in random directions, so the FSD missed the jump and fell out of Hyperjump.

It was a Class II Gas Giant with well-lighted rings. My ship's functions were off when I heard the Thargon roar right behind me, there were three, and they passed me as if I did not pose a threat. In front of me a distortion, the loud sound, "capital class signature detected" and a Farragout entered the normal space, it was burning and exiting smoke from all sides, small explosions here and there.

My ASP was active again as the Farragout dumped out all sorts of combat vessels and fired ineffectually against the Thargons. "Unknown signature detected" lightning bursts distorted space, an opening formed, and from the tunnel, a gigantic alien spacecraft began to move into our universe. Even though half of this monstrosity was being exported, several Thargos ships passed out of the greenish distortion. When it was totally out, the breach closed in a shock of energy that blew up the nearby Federal Figthers.

What followed was an unprecedented massacre. The alien spacecraft could easily be 10 km long. It released a series of roars and scary sounds, this noise caused flaws in the screen of my ASP, in addition to causing my pilot to have vertigo full of random and intermittent alien images. A wavy green ray deafened the vacuum and tore the Farragout in half in two seconds, this same ray still seemed to be electric and was drawn to the nearby ships, lashing them with various arms and blowing up the combat fleets.
I spun my ASP and jumped into the system as far as possible.

I do not know how much Hyperspace's mechanics can be changed, but this experience really brought to my mind the reason why everyone names it from Witchspace.

Last edited:
Top Bottom