Add voice synthesis for all npc chatter

It seems like it would be asking a ton to get lots of new vocabulary added to the npcs and then having it translated into the various supported languages in a way that provides differential identities to the npcs based on factions and even roles.

So to get around that, instead of just text transcriptions of chatter, we would get their procedurally generated voices... provided by text to speech and speech to text interfaces. The personality and identity of the various factions and roles in the game can come from nuanced tweeks to the tone, speed and consistency of how the text is converted to speech. You could even code in hints on when the speech synthesis should be altered to make the voice excited like when they're under fire.. or more angry sounding etc.... giving certain factions certain accents (albeit, subtle ones).

This would remove the need for costly voice recordings and instead we could utilize some learned voice profiles for various men and women.

make it happen.

you can do this with ed discovery and its voice plugin. It will tick off anyone in your discord or team speak. gets me yelled at regularly.

There are third party utilities that do this, but it would add so much to the atmosphere if Frontier did this internally. I use one and it make a huge difference in making the galaxy feel more alive and less empty.

There are third party utilities that do this, but it would add so much to the atmosphere if Frontier did this internally. I use one and it make a huge difference in making the galaxy feel more alive and less empty.

True, you will get a new "feelings" for the "top 1%" message from all the luxury liners out there... luckily you can selectively mute select messages...

Top Bottom