Engineers Ship Builds & Load Outs Advice on Imperial hammers

I've decided to put together this little FAS for pvp and thought I'd dust off these imperial hammers I've never used that's been collecting dust in my module storage area.

Anyway I know they run very hot but I'm torn between lightweight or sturdy. Sturdy says it decreases the heat output but the lightweight mod decreases power and distributor draw. In my mind I'm thinking wouldn't the lower power draw and distro draw lower the heat output as well with the added efficiency benefits? Is my logic flawed?

Kinda depends on the rest of your build and what other guns you're running. Lightweight will be more prone to module damage, so if you expect to come up against phasing weapons or expect shields to drop you might be in trouble.

Also, your choice of experimental will have a large impact on heat generation - Feedback Cascade, Plasma Slug and Super Pen each reduce TL by 40%.

Depending on the rest of your build, LW might allow you to get more efficiency out of your PP, reducing heat.

As to the PD heat, I think lowering the overall weapon heat output will have more effect than lower PD draw.

I think you should put your build into EDSY and check the heat tab.

Kinda depends on the rest of your build and what other guns you're running. Lightweight will be more prone to module damage, so if you expect to come up against phasing weapons or expect shields to drop you might be in trouble.

Also, your choice of experimental will have a large impact on heat generation - Feedback Cascade, Plasma Slug and Super Pen each reduce TL by 40%.

Depending on the rest of your build, LW might allow you to get more efficiency out of your PP, reducing heat.

As to the PD heat, I think lowering the overall weapon heat output will have more effect than lower PD draw.

I think you should put your build into EDSY and check the heat tab.
Honestly I've never really used EDSY because the UI in Coriolis is more streamlined and had no idea it even had a heat tab. I did try this though and if I'm reading the numbers correctly it appears sturdy will decrease the heat by a significant amount.

Lightweight weapons on a ship that will experience periods of shield collapse is generally a poor idea because they are very fragile. Lightweight also doesn't decrease thermal load, and it's easy to melt lightweight weapons.

There is an integrity argument for sturdy, but SRB or LR rails are generally favored because of there substantial damage benefits.

phasing weapons

Phasing weapons can't damage modules, except for the canopy (and only below a certain hull integrity).

Lightweight weapons on a ship that will experience periods of shield collapse is generally a poor idea because they are very fragile. Lightweight also doesn't decrease thermal load, and it's easy to melt lightweight weapons.

There is an integrity argument for sturdy, but SRB or LR rails are generally favored because of there substantial damage benefits.
Apparently the experimentals give you a 56% heat reduction when using short range instead of the normal 40. That's interesting... I hadn't considered that.

Top Bottom