AI Relic Hunt

PC Player

I've been running an offer to my player group since about last March and have had no luck thus far. I am offering 150 Void Opals (~250mil Creds) to any commander who can provide me with credible and verifiable information leading to my acquisition of AI Relics. Screenshots or proof of possession would be preferable as I have already scoured the internet (reddit, wikis, forums, etc.) for recent information. Pay out of the Void Opals will be arranged for the weekend following verification. I know this is all kind of based on trust but I will hold up my end of the bargain with no trickery. Despite being a strictly Open player I can be persuaded to make the transfer in Private. I wish there was a better way to do this but with the complete lack of in game storage it forces me to source the Opals in real time. In the past AI relics were found at Degraded (Threat 3) in Anarchy systems. Whenever I found them in the past I was ambushed by Anacondas (Don't go unarmed!!!), and once in my possession was heavily targeted by system authorities and pirates. Good luck and thank you for your help! -CMDR 0m3g488

Attachments

• AI-Relics-Commodities.png
    AI-Relics-Commodities.png
    224.8 KB · Views: 353
Last edited:
I'm running a shield tank Corvette outfitted for battle w/manifest scanner and hatch breakers. I've been running circles around the bubble since the exploration update, to no avail. Thanks though, the search continues!

Try smugglers, private couriers, military transports. Sometimes one needs to intercept and pirate superpower military convoys... for science. Scan cargo, scan wakes, interdict. Have a proper ship built for this. The AI, It's out there...
I find it quite often AI Relics with private couriers... SAP8 with military couriers, Trinkets of Hidden Fortune with random Adders and other transport ships.

It was a while ago now, but the last time I found an AI relic was near the black hole in Maia, Degraded Emissions Threat 3 signal source from memory.

Probably not much use to you, as it isn’t recent info and probably nothing you didn’t already know. Happy hunting nonetheless o7

Last edited:
If you could provide me with a System name that said couriers frequent. The details of the pilot (left of radar on HUD) and a shot of the manifest proving the Relics are there. I think that would be adequate evidence for the reward.

BTW, these private couriers normally spawn on high security systems... just wait a couple of minutes in super cruise. You don't need to fly to Chorote for this.
And please, keep your void opals. I have more than enough credits.

Thanks a ton! I don't know how I haven't stumbled upon them even by accident. I guess I didn't try the systems by security level. I was focusing on Anarchy and High Tech systems.

Keep an eye out for unmanned ships, far away in the galaxy. They call them ghost ships. Mysterious installations on distant worlds, cold lifeless machines, "dark places where humans were not meant to walk"
(EDRPG Exploration Supplement)"

Apparently humanity was going to go down the Guardian path, and there was a secret war.. Maybe?

“I bought an inbuilt grenade launcher for my cybernetic arm. I’ve never felt safer!”

Keep an eye out for unmanned ships, far away in the galaxy. They call them ghost ships. Mysterious installations on distant worlds, cold lifeless machines, "dark places where humans were not meant to walk"
(EDRPG Exploration Supplement)"

Apparently humanity was going to go down the Guardian path, and there was a secret war.. Maybe?

“I bought an inbuilt grenade launcher for my cybernetic arm. I’ve never felt safer!”
I've read up on a lot of the lore surrounding sapient AI (I even have a good collection of Elite and Elite related literature) and how it's believed some escaped out into the black but if I'm not mistaken it's not considered canon to Dangerous.

I've read up on a lot of the lore surrounding sapient AI (I even have a good collection of Elite and Elite related literature) and how it's believed some escaped out into the black but if I'm not mistaken it's not considered canon to Dangerous.

I circumnavigated the galaxy earlier in the year and I found a couple abandoned settlements way out in uninhabited space but as far as anything useful, there was nothing.

Also... At the moment, I run with a group of pirates and killers but my purpose in Elite is the hunt for sapient AI. If anyone is interested in joining me in my hunt look me up under the same name in game. I ALWAYS play in Open.

Last edited:

Off the top of my head there is 2 instances of sentient AI that is canon in ED.

1) Nemorenesis at the end the virtual AI gets heightened awareness by the sylph.

2) There is an in game account of a ship heading out into the black, which basically destroys the crew. Last entry was something along the lines of it came with us. (It's been a while)

The only in-game mention of an actual sentient (or at least sub-sentient) AI is in one of the Generation Ships, the Achlys: the entire crew is wiped out by an unknown accident causing a catastrophic failure of life support systems. Years later, the ship's onboard computer realises no-one has given the expected order to slow down for Arrival, so activates its own AI algorithms, kept encrypted so it does not activate except in emergencies, to try to work out a solution to its predicament. The algorithms were self-reported to be "OPERATING AT 92% OF HUMAN CAPACITY" - presumably a hard-coded restriction on its intelligence capability. It's solution: perform Arrival at destination planet and await further orders.

The poor thing's still sitting there, an uninhabited ship orbiting the uninhabited Earth-like planet in the HIP 114458 system, still awaiting further orders.

Top Bottom