All the talk about Ships for ARX. How about G5 ship rentals for say 24 hours?

Just to preface, I am against selling pre-built ships any higher tier than that Type-6 Miner for ARX, but I can understand the game needing to stay afloat somehow.

With that out of the way, I can totally live with ship rentals for ARX. This shouldn't affect anyone else's game-play in any way.

This just popped into my head and I didn't think it through so it maybe dumb, but there were so many times grinding for my Corvette trying to imagine what it was going to be like and if it's going to be worth it or not (it was).

If I could only rent one for the for a few hours all G5-ed out that would be sweet. See what I am working towards. Like test driving a Ferrari. Have it spawn at a CNB or outside a station somewhere and let me play with it for a little while. Let it only damage NPC's and if it's destroyed you pay the insurance if you want it back, etc. It could incentivize players to keep playing and striving for it.

Another scenario is for disaster recovery. Say you are out exploring with months of data and your ship gets badly damaged. Rent a 75LY DBX, fly to nearest dock and sell your data, before your rental/O2 runs out. I know this removes the risk factor but they can make this one really expensive. 😁

Besides, we all know that other game has rentals..

If the rental period doesn’t have a repeat barrier someone will just abuse it.
That could get arxpensive after a while. The "abuse" shouldn't last too long, but sure, some limit could be the way to go. Or increase in price each time for same ship. That's for them to work out.

Last edited:
"Become an Apex Interstellar shuttle pilot."

Apex Interstellar hires you, you'll fly one of their ships (instead of your own), transporting NPCs from one place to another.
I'd actually not be averse to do that once in a while. Adds quite a bit more coherence to the passenger missions.

I'd actually not be averse to do that once in a while. Adds quite a bit more coherence to the passenger missions.
But then they'd have to make the galaxy make sense. 100CR for a local trip, how much of a cut do you think a Cmdr gets of that? Is it Uber rates? And people thought 'condas were hard to get before! 😂

Top Bottom