Ships Alliance Chieftain PvE loadout advice please

What the best MC/Frag + Laser loadout for a PvE Chieftain
I don’t yet have Pacifiers but am working on it!
ideally I want something that uses Lasers to strip shields (saving on ammo)
and then unleash my kinetic weapons. I’m just not sure what goes where and which experimental with so many hardpoints!

Ive got the engineers to G5 Frags, MCs and Lasers. (I don’t want to use Rails or PAs please)

Any advice is appreciated

My experience with frags (my weapon of choice) is that Rapid Fire + Screening Shell is far the best I've tried. Put 4 pips to Wep and don't shoot until you are VERY close. The problem with reloading was easily solved in Horizons. Just go to the Crystal Shards (far away from the Bubble) and get grade 4 mats, then trade them for the mats you need to synthesize ammo. I'm pretty sure that got nerfed/"is bugged" in Odyssey.

On my Chief I only use frags. Frags are very efficient against shields if you are close enough. My favorite combat ship is the Vulture (with frags ofcurz), because the Vulture is so agile that getting close is not a problem. The Chief is also very agile, though slightly less than the Vulture. Both ships are "brawlers". Also add the Corrosive Shell experimental to one of the small frags.

Another reason why I prefer all frags is that you just have one trigger to concentrate on, meaning that you can use more brain power on maneuvering and pips.

My experience with frags (my weapon of choice) is that Rapid Fire + Screening Shell is far the best I've tried. Put 4 pips to Wep and don't shoot until you are VERY close. The problem with reloading was easily solved in Horizons. Just go to the Crystal Shards (far away from the Bubble) and get grade 4 mats, then trade them for the mats you need to synthesize ammo. I'm pretty sure that got nerfed/"is bugged" in Odyssey.

On my Chief I only use frags. Frags are very efficient against shields if you are close enough. My favorite combat ship is the Vulture (with frags ofcurz), because the Vulture is so agile that getting close is not a problem. The Chief is also very agile, though slightly less than the Vulture. Both ships are "brawlers". Also add the Corrosive Shell experimental to one of the small frags.

Another reason why I prefer all frags is that you just have one trigger to concentrate on, meaning that you can use more brain power on maneuvering and pips.
And how do you engineer? Just full kinetic?
e.g. x1 small High Cap Corrosive and the rest all rapid fire + screening?
Also is rapid fire better than Overcharged? I say this because my son uses Overcharged Pacifiers on his Vulture.

And how do you engineer? Just full kinetic?
e.g. x1 small High Cap Corrosive and the rest all rapid fire + screening?
Also is rapid fire better than Overcharged? I say this because my son uses Overcharged Pacifiers on his Vulture.
Yes, one Corrosive, the rest Rapid Fire + Screening Shell. Double shot gives the same dps, but Rapid Fire will allow you to better shoot when the time is right, due to half the reload time. Rapid Fire + Screening Shell = bambambam as much as you want :alien:

All frags. All overcharged. All incendiary experimental except:
One small corrosive. One small with drag munitions.
Never put pips to weapons. Never worry about heat.
Watch enemies melt. And now that we have supercruise reload assist:
Never have to synth ammo.

I use two high cap frags in 3s with corrosive and drag munitions, a meduim beam thats not got an experimental atm and 3 small rails with 2 cascade and a super penetrator.
Its my fav ship.
But if you dont want rails try cannons

There's a ACL build ellerimkirli uses that look beastly.
2 pacifiers, 3cannons and mlticannon.
The frags and cannons fired together from one trigger.
Not quite sure where he places them as I havnt got a Challenger

SCBs and no heating. How will you stop the ship from boiling? Also, they're not the best thing for bi-weaves. You'd be better off with a Guardian shield booster and fast charge shields rather than low draw. In fact I'd chuck all optionals and fill with GSBs, change the PD to charge enhanced and the PP to G2 overcharged, and use it as a shield tank against NPCs.

SCBs and no heating. How will you stop the ship from boiling? Also, they're not the best thing for bi-weaves. You'd be better off with a Guardian shield booster and fast charge shields rather than low draw. In fact I'd chuck all optionals and fill with GSBs, change the PD to charge enhanced and the PP to G2 overcharged, and use it as a shield tank against NPCs.
you don’t boil using a single SCBank.....I’ve been doing it for years on a Vulture

PvE? I’ve gone with 1xC2 and 2xC1 Long Range Beams with Thermal Vent - which will keep you very frosty and hard to target - and then 1xC1 High Capacity / Corrosive and 2xC3 Overcharged / AutoLoader MultiCannons. Then hull and shields as you prefer: I use a 950MJ BiWeave backed up by around 2500 Hull. Absolute beast in a HazRES and a lot of fun too as you can really throw the Chief around.

I would go with two 3B PAs engineered with short range, lock breaker and dispersal field.
2D efficient beam with thermal vent
turret MC with high capacity and corrosive
two turret pulse lasers with long range and scramble spectrum/emissive munitions

What is supercruise reload assist? I've always had to go to a station to buy ammo.
twas a useful bug (FEATURE!) that got patched out of existence. Most ammo types would simply restock themselves when entering supercruise. It was awesome while it lasted.

My chieftain is set up with two class 3 efficient/oversized gimbaled burst lasers, one class 2 plus two class 1 overcharged/auto-loading gimbaled multi cannon and, one class 1 high-capacity/corrosive gimbaled multi cannon.

This setup means that when I inevitably run out of ammo I still have the two class 3 bursts to finish up with. The ammo also serves aa timer for me to take a break before going back for more bounties.

Top Bottom