Allow us to move/delete stuck employees

An issue that keeps coming up for me.
Educators quit while at talk points and they remain stuck and unable to move. I have rehired them but the option to move them is not available. Unfortunately I saved the game before realizing there were educators stuck like this.
I have deleted zoos in the past that had this problem but I would really appreciate it if frontier could give us the option to move employees regardless if they are doing something or when we fire them they disappear.
Has anyone else had this issue?

Just got an email from frontier about reporting this
I have deleted the path and undo, I have rehired employees but they remain stuck
I say they should make it once an employee is fired, they disappear

I had a bug once with a vet who got stuck outside a habitat, on the vegetation (off the path) next to the habitat barrier. He stood there for years and years of game time, angry and muttering, but he never moved. I couldn't pick him up and move him, and firing him didn't make him disappear. I tried deleting the barrier, deleting the vegetation he was on, and deleting the path next to him. Nothing worked. I couldn't go back to an earlier save, because I discovered the issue after I'd done a lot of work in another part of the zoo. There was also an issue with a dead animal in that habitat that was inside but the game thought it was escaped. So every time guests went into one area along the barrier, they'd scream and run from the tapir's ghost, I guess. I even tried deleting the entire habitat barrier and gate and rebuilding it. Nothing worked.

I ended up sending a saved file to the support folks, and eventually there was a patch that fixed those issues in that zoo. I haven't had a stuck vet since, but prior to that they did occasionally get stuck inside a habitat, or along a piece of path when they were trying to collect a dead animal. Deleting the habitat gate or bit of path they were on usually did the trick. But with the above situation, the vet wasn't on the path or inside the habitat, but standing just off the path outside it, between the barrier and the path. Maybe he'd glitched though the barrier and got stuck there?

Staff definitely do glitch out once in a while in this game, and it would probably save Frontier some headaches if players could simply pick them up and move them when this happens, or if they would disappear a certain amount of time after being fired or rage quitting.

Back
Top Bottom