[INDEPENDENT] ALPHA GUARD [Faction & Squadron] [EU] [Mature] [Horizons + Odyssey]

512x512-browsericon.png

Greetings CMDR's,
Bored of flying solo? Chatting to yourself? Listening to 80's remix's on spotify to pass the time during journeys?

Alpha Guard is a PC community based in the EU (predominantly UK) of around 8 friends both in real life and in-game, some we've met through the game itself. Most of us are in our 30's-40's , some late 20's, so most of us have experienced Elite in it's early days and thus now again in it's newer revisions.

With the release of Odyssey Alpha and the possible game environments it brings we're opening our doors to a few likeminded individuals / personalities to come join the fold, whether you're new to the Franchise or a seasoned veteran you're more than welcome to join our quaint community.

OUR ETHOS:
--------------------

Having the pressures of daily life and family, we enjoy Elite Dangerous on a relaxed level, leave ya drama at the door etc this doesn't mean to say we're not avid players of the game nor have we lapsed in our requirements to complete the grinds the game has set out of us, we merely prefer a night of gaming with a beer/wine along with some friendly banter, chatter with likeminded peeps.

We obviously understand family and commitments come first so with this in mind we do not impose any form of rulesets or guidelines you need to adhere to apart from the most obvious, don't be a donk and respect others within the Faction/Squadron.

Everyone gets treated with the same respect, regardless of age (although we do have a restriction of 21+ , sorry), ethnic origin, beliefs, sexual orientation etc.

Even though we have a ranked system on Inara and discord, this is merely for those that join have a point of contact for whatever help they need, whether it be combat advice, coriolis ship builds, exploration or mining you can contact the person directly (although in all honesty we'll all be happy to help where we can) .

Come and go as you please, do as you please, but ultimately we do try to encourage interaction on some scale, whether it be in-game or on discord, ultimately this is our community ethos to spread the social aspects of the game.

We're certainly not looking to bulge in numbers, as we'd like to keep numbers to a figure that means we know each person on some basis rather than being just another "member". We know community's (not just in this game) can over inflate and some of their members are left wanting for more interaction, never being heard or noticed. Here we want you to feel part of the squadron, the comradery, not just in game but on a social level too if that's what you want.

We have regular in game organised sessions, doing anything from group bounty hunt runs, exploration of anomalies, mining or just generally chilling out on discord discussing Odyssey progression etc.

We're normally on most nights from 20:00 GMT, some during the day, pending commitments etc but aim to have at least a few nights a week whereby we grab a beer/wine and group up to do something as a group and have a good chin wag.

If this sounds like a community you want to be part of whether you're a new to the game or a seasoned veteran feel free to join our discord and come have a chat.

Last edited:
We have a few more spots available for those that actively play ED.
Whether you're new to the game or a seasoned veteran, come check us out.

hay there I'm looking for a place to call home just coming back to the stars after a long hypersleep and waken up to the news of something called odyssey.

ok yeah I know a bit over the top but if you have any spaces left would love to sign up I'm old very old lol and from UK

Last edited:
hay there I'm looking for a place to call home just coming back to the stars after a long hypersleep and waken up to the news of something called odyssey.

ok yeah I know a bit over the top but if you have any spaces left would love to sign up I'm old very old lol and from UK
o7 commander!

Thanks for your interest in our faction, you would be most welcome to join us, pop over to our Discord (link above) and say hello :)

I was just telling my wife that I was thinking about finding a squadron to play Elite with when I saw this thread. I'm US-based at the moment, so not sure if timetables would mesh at all, but I'll probably accept the invite to say hello in Discord.

Or not, because the 2FA on my Discord account is messed up.

Last edited:
Top Bottom