Amazon Animals

Actually the Golden lion tamarin isn't from the Amazon, I also imagine that it would be quite difficult to implement such small animals in the game, but they would be nice to alert people the destruction of the Atlantic forest.

Actually the Golden lion tamarin isn't from the Amazon, I also imagine that it would be quite difficult to implement such small animals in the game, but they would be nice to alert people the destruction of the Atlantic forest.

People say that, but I don't know if it's true. The game is very well rendered and tamarins and marmosets are usually kept in habitats the same as any other animal at the zoo. Pygmy marmosets seem to be the exception, but I've seen them in big outdoor enclosures as well (Auckland Zoo comes to mind - pygmy marmosets and golden lion tamarins share an island enclosure there).

It's the same with meerkats. Realistically a meerkat would only be marginally smaller than the Chinese pangolin which we already have. Tamarins would be a little smaller than that again (about the size of the baby pangolin, I'd say).

True. But neither is the Colombian White-faced Capuchin, Baird's Tapir, Red-eyed Tree Frog. Frontier doesn't seem to be too interested in geographic accuracy.

I'm not really sure how that's relevant. All the South America Pack animals are from South America. The red-eyed tree frog extends all the way down to Panama, which south of the Panama Canal is counted as 'South America'. Colombia is in South America, the llama obviously hails from South America, and the jaguar is one of the widest ranging big cats. Frontier got it 100% correct in making sure their South America Pack animals are all from South America.

For the purpose of the thread, since the title specifies the Amazon, arafan's comment is perfectly valid.

Top Bottom