Another Day, Another Games Launcher... Rockstar joins in - offers GTA: SA for free...

A Head's Up that Rockstar Games have joined the club and now have their own Games Launcher / Store for Windows...
It can scan your PC too for any supported titles (disc & digital versions) to include them into your account, optionally adding cloud saves and automatic updates.*

And a bonus for anyone who didn't buy Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas back in 2005 is that they're offering it as a free download for a limited time.

https://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/61123/Download-The-Rockstar-Games-Launcher

On the downside...

If you have GTA V on Steam - you'll find that you're forced to install and play through this new launcher anyway. (It'll install itself next time you try to launch)

And * - sadly it doesn't support some of the older titles - in particular GTA IV & Episodes from Liberty City :(
I had hoped this might be supported to get rid of the legacy "Games for Windows Live" and the installation issues due to the SecuROM protection & online activation... (needs an offline activation patch to be found + downloaded)

If you've been living under a rock and never played GTA, or missed it first time around, San Andreas was a brilliant (if highly controversial) entry in the series with a massive open-world game area to explore. It looks like this release of GTA: SA is probably based on the later patched version that added widescreen support but also removed some 18 songs from the soundtrack that had fallen out of license (e.g. RATMS's "killing in the name of", which is a shame) and also it seems that currently it can't be 'downgraded' either via fan-created tools to enable mods, original fixes and to restore the missing music etc. But that aside, it's a straight-forward download and installation, weighing in at around 4.6GB.
The story line was great with loads of side-quests, although advancing/balancing your character's stats could be a bit of a chore at times. To be honest, the graphics are looking quite dated and washed out by current standards - but even so, it's a classic - and who doesn't like a free game?!

Oh god, now you've reminded me of GFWLive and my day is ruined. :LOL:

This thing is the reason why I only played GTAIV once. I simply wasn't able to get it installed and running the second time I've tried.

As for another launcher, well it's good news and bad news, I guess. The good news is that RDR2 is coming to PC, most probably. The bad news is I'm not gonna play it.
Oh well.

This thing is the reason why I only played GTAIV once. I simply wasn't able to get it installed and running the second time I've tried.

As for another launcher, well it's good news and bad news, I guess. The good news is that RDR2 is coming to PC, most probably. The bad news is I'm not gonna play it.
Oh well.
Not going to play RDR2?...Are you nuts? :D

Oh well.
That's good news indeed. What's the source of this lovely rumor?

That's good news indeed. What's the source of this lovely rumor?
Nothing specific, unfortunately. Just a hunch which may be a fishful thinking of millions of players, but I think they are going to announce something. They wouldn't bother with their own launcher just to sell 5+ years old games everybody already has, I believe.

Not going to play RDR2?...Are you nuts? :D
I'll probably cave in. But I am going to think less of myself for it. :LOL:

ok i got the free GTA San Andreas justt for updating my GTA V launcher, but i get no mouse in the game...
camera is spinning on start, and can not play it...

thanx for nothing Rcockstar!

Attachments

• Rockstar Games Launcher 9_19_2019 1_59_55 AM.png
    Rockstar Games Launcher 9_19_2019 1_59_55 AM.png
    192.8 KB · Views: 252
Aye, unplug any extra peripherals like Hotas, extra controller before starting SA. Had the same thing happening and it was my 3d mouse.

Thanks for this and great timing, looking for a game to play offline on a small travel laptop GTSA would fit the bill nicely, good memories too!

Back
Top Bottom