Ant Hills

This is a thread I posted as a feature request in JWE. Some people were saying ants would be too small for that game so I'll move it here. This is basically a copy pasted, Animal version of that thread

I really don't think anyone else will agree on this, but I'm writing this thread anyway:

Soooo... Anthills. I thought of it as a way to increase the challenge of the game. The Anthills would have its own Pros and Cons and a few added mechanisms.

Added Mechanisms:
1. An "Ant Count" on an Animal (See the cons section 1 and 3 of this thread)
2. A Rampage status on an Animal (See the cons section 1 and 3 of this thread)
3. Zookeepers/Caretakers should have an option to remove an Anthill and remove Ants (Another part of this mechanism is that Large enough Animals that step on anthills technically Doesn't remove the Anthill, the ants will just rebuild it on the same spot and would just add ants to the ant count)
4. "Mild Sedatives" for the "Animal Experts" to use on a "Rampaging" Animal. (I think this is a thing in hospitals to calm down patients)
5. Anthills should most likely appear in highly vegetated areas or in places with the "Soil" Ground Texture.

Pros:
1. It will provide additional appeal to a habitat.
2. The ants will make dead bodies disappear/decay faster. (Just in case someone forgot to remove a dead body out of the zoo)
3. They'll clean up after animals.
4. It'll totally look aesthetically pleasing.
5. If there'll ever be Ant Eaters in PlanZoo, then this mechanism would provide food for it.

Cons:
1. If a few ants manages to get on an Animal and bite it, the Animal should go on a "Rampage".
2. In some cases, if the ants can't find leftovers, they'll eat directly from feeding trays of Herbivores and Carnivores and stuff like that (because I think there's something called a leafcutter ant that eats leaves) making depletion a bit faster.
3. If an Animal gets too much ants on it, the comfort will very slowly go down and will go on another "Rampage". This will likely happen if an Animal steps, sleeps, or lays down near an Anthill.

Be Brutally honest on what you think. I won't judge.🙂

This is a thread I posted as a feature request in JWE. Some people were saying ants would be too small for that game so I'll move it here. This is basically a copy pasted, Animal version of that thread

I really don't think anyone else will agree on this, but I'm writing this thread anyway:

Soooo... Anthills. I thought of it as a way to increase the challenge of the game. The Anthills would have its own Pros and Cons and a few added mechanisms.

Added Mechanisms:
1. An "Ant Count" on an Animal (See the cons section 1 and 3 of this thread)
2. A Rampage status on an Animal (See the cons section 1 and 3 of this thread)
3. Zookeepers/Caretakers should have an option to remove an Anthill and remove Ants (Another part of this mechanism is that Large enough Animals that step on anthills technically Doesn't remove the Anthill, the ants will just rebuild it on the same spot and would just add ants to the ant count)
4. "Mild Sedatives" for the "Animal Experts" to use on a "Rampaging" Animal. (I think this is a thing in hospitals to calm down patients)
5. Anthills should most likely appear in highly vegetated areas or in places with the "Soil" Ground Texture.

Pros:
1. It will provide additional appeal to a habitat.
2. The ants will make dead bodies disappear/decay faster. (Just in case someone forgot to remove a dead body out of the zoo)
3. They'll clean up after animals.
4. It'll totally look aesthetically pleasing.
5. If there'll ever be Ant Eaters in PlanZoo, then this mechanism would provide food for it.

Cons:
1. If a few ants manages to get on an Animal and bite it, the Animal should go on a "Rampage".
2. In some cases, if the ants can't find leftovers, they'll eat directly from feeding trays of Herbivores and Carnivores and stuff like that (because I think there's something called a leafcutter ant that eats leaves) making depletion a bit faster.
3. If an Animal gets too much ants on it, the comfort will very slowly go down and will go on another "Rampage". This will likely happen if an Animal steps, sleeps, or lays down near an Anthill.

Be Brutally honest on what you think. I won't judge.🙂

I think this kind of belongs in the wishlist area.

I think this kind of belongs in the wishlist area.
Awww h*ck.... I thought I posted it in the Wishlist!😂 I guess not.... Can someone move it please! Thanks!

I think ants would suit an exhibit animal. I'm not sure ants are an issue everywhere, I guess it depends on the type and country.
I like the idea but if added i think they would Just be ants with no special "purposes" or "abilitys".
Exhibit animal or What I suggested... either way, I still want ants. Still, I think this would be great🙂

I suggested fire ants and exterminator staff for PlanCo, as well as Lysteria contaminating food stalls, and FDA staff, and Frontier didn’t bite. So, you know, don’t get your hopes up.

I suggested fire ants and exterminator staff for PlanCo, as well as Lysteria contaminating food stalls, and FDA staff, and Frontier didn’t bite. So, you know, don’t get your hopes up.
The reason I posted this is because of the hope it would be added, weather or not there's a low chance this gets added. Even still, I'm happy with the current game even though little info has been announced and I'm super hyped for the game.🙂 But lets not start an argument.🙂🙂🙂

I think anthills as a type of enrichment would be okay. Like for monkeys/apes it would be useful. Also for some other animals but they haven’t been confirmed. However then it wouldn’t be very detailed.

Could make sense as a food/enrichment toy for aardwolves since they are insectivorous that primarily eats termites. Obviously, it could also be used for anteaters.

Top Bottom