General Gameplay Anthills

I really don't think anyone else will agree on this, but I'm writing this thread anyway:

Soooo... Anthills. I thought of it as a way to increase the challenge of the game. The Anthills would have its own Pros and Cons and a few added mechanisms.

Added Mechanisms:
1. An "Ant Count" on a Dinosaur (See the cons section 1 and 3 of this thread)
2. A Rampage status on a Dinosaur (See the cons section 1 and 3 of this thread)
3. Rangers should have an option to remove an Anthill and remove Ants (from Herbivores atleast) Though I don't think this mechanism could work. (Another part of this mechanism is that dinosaurs that step on anthills technically Doesn't remove the Anthill, the ants will just rebuild it on the same spot)
4. "Calming Darts" for the rangers to use on a "Rampaging" Dinosaur. (I think this is a thing in hospitals to calm down patients)(I also think its a weaker version of a sedative)
5. Anthills should most likely appear in highly vegetated areas or in places with the "Soil" Ground Texture.

Pros:
1. It will provide additional "scenery bonus" (I think that's what it's called in the game)
2. The ants will make dead bodies disappear/decay faster. (Just in case someone forgot to airlift a dead body out of the park) In my case, I don't even need to airlift any of my dead Gallimimus out ecause I don't provide food for the Carnivores (Just Kidding)
3. It'll totally look aesthetically pleasing.

Cons:
1. If ants manages to get on a Dinosaur, (Which I think is unlikely) the Dinosaur should go on a "Rampage" tearing everything down in its path. I think "Rampage" should be a thing in the game (Lora please don't close this thread for more than one Idea)
2. In some cases, if the ants can't find food, they'll just eat from both carnivore and herbivore (because I think there's something called a leafcutter ant that eats leaves) making feeder depletion a bit faster.
3. If a dinosaur gets too much ants on it, the comfort will very slowly go down and will go on another "Rampage". This will likely happen if a Dinosaur steps on an Anthill.

Please not too much hate. I can't take it.🙂🙂🙂

Edit: I just realized this is my 7th thread today. Four of which were consecutively posted and wasn't intercepted by any other threads. So it was LITERALLY consecutive.

Last edited:
Ants are much too small to be able to be properly seen in this game. And rampaging dinosaurs just because ants get onto them does not make sense.

But anthills and termite hills could be an interesting visual decoration. Making bodies decay faster could also be interesting.

Ants are much too small to be able to be properly seen in this game. And rampaging dinosaurs just because ants get onto them does not make sense.

But anthills and termite hills could be an interesting visual decoration. Making bodies decay faster could also be interesting.
Well it's just a silly Idea that I needed to get out of my head. Well I do think "Rampaging" when you get ants on you kinda makes sense saying that that's what I would do if I got some on me.

Also there are some Ant species that will potentially look great in the game. Like the Leafcutter Ants, but ofcourse if that's the only species they add, then the Herbivores will be affected by the Anthills more than the Carnivores.

Well the "Rampage" mechanism itself makes sense and should be in the game. (I'm still not giving up on this idea though)🙂🙂🙂

Last edited:
Top Bottom