Any chance of boosting performance with DLSS or tensor cores

I know AMD will be releasing some form of Ray-tracing over the next year or so, which is great. we will end up with both AMD and Nvidia GPUs using half or maybe three quarters of the hardware installed.

example, people with nvidia cards have X tensor cores sitting there in many cases not being used. the cuda cores are all busy bees while the tensor cores are doing nothing.

as we know tensor cores are very quick and love supersampling, I guess AMD will end up with something similar.

Would it be possible to use the under utilised tensor cores to supersample or handle the HMD quality when using VR, we need to tap into the processing power and use our GPUs to the full. Apparently Nvidia can deploy this with driver updates, but the games developer needs to engage with them allowing them to generate the required information to deploy with the driver.

this would allow people with these cores to boost their image quality without taking a massive performance hit. I think.
this would be so cool, please please pretty please allow us to use all of our GPUs potential.

Robert Maynard

Volunteer Moderator
Interestingly, Encore just released a World of Tanks RT DX11 demo that uses Intel's Embree ray tracing kernels - and is in no way reliant on dedicated hardware - which, if adopted by Frontier, would offer the feature to a significantly greater number of players than those who have an RTX capable card.

its not ray tracing im after, in VR the image quality is never as good as normal screen. im thinking of a way of processing the demanding supersampling using cores which are not being used for anything.

it would be nice to have an option to use the full card.

my index has 1440x1600 res, but im supersampling up over 4k per eye plus the desktop screen. that's a lot of processing for a GPU. this isnt related to light and tracing of light

Back
Top Bottom