Any good mod suggestions for the L-6?

Hi all! Anyone have any suggestions for mods for the L-6? I have one upgraded to g5 with just Reload speed on it. Not sure what is useful for it as I've never actually used it. :)
Thanks in advance!

Best rocket launcher mods in order of bestness:

Magazine Size:
Increases burst damage by increasing your volley damage, means you can take out more targets in a single volley if you miss and don't strip all their shields in the first rocket.

Stowed Reloading:
If you know how to play around the reloading (takes like 3s) this increases your overall damage output a lot, esp with a Dominator suit.

Faster Handling:
Helps with stowed reloading. I think it's one of the slowest handling guns in the game so it probably gets the most bonus from this overall too. Best with dual rocket launchers.

Faster Reloading:
Can be useful even with stowed reloading on the same weapon if your other weapon is also reloading (Dual rocket launchers) or not viable in the current situation and you just want to spam more rockets.

For the suit, extra ammo capacity and night vision (for darkness or low light situations).
For the L-6, magazine size, stowed reloading, audio masking and scope. The latter two may seem a bit strange, but one helps you from being spotted and the other allows for much better aiming, especially at long range.

Steve 07. Who rarely uses a L-6.

︎ RELOAD SPEED
︎ MAGAZINE SIZE
︎ STOWED RELOADING
︎ FASTER HANDLING
I am currently assembling my L6 and just think that this set is the best for me. But I have doubts about the correctness of the two modules.
RELOAD SPEED vs STOWED RELOADING ?

I am currently assembling my L6 and just think that this set is the best for me. But I have doubts about the correctness of the two modules.
RELOAD SPEED vs STOWED RELOADING ?
There are some players who claim the stowed reloading is based on how fast the weapon reloads. So by applying reload speed mod, the stowed reloading speed is faster as well.

Magazine Size (Absolutely Necessary)
Stowed Reloading (Extremely Recommended)
Faster Handling (Extremely Recommended)
Longer Range (Meme/Entertaining, Possibly useful to hit low flying spacecraft)
Scope (Meme/Entertaining combo with Longer Range)
Faster Reload (Recommended, but usefulness is dubious with Stowed Reloading).

If I had the patience to make two, you'd probably want:

Magazine Size
Stowed Reloading
Faster Handling
Longer Range

or

Magazine Size
Stowed Reloading
Faster Handling
Faster Reload

Personally I think the optic should have given it a seeker/Laser Guidance target paint, but I also think they should fix the few remaining performance issues in the game. we can't always get what we want.

Stowed reload is always 5 seconds I believe, it's a pretty bad option for some weapons that reload extremely fast, and basically every plasma gun except arguably the Executioner.

Stowed Reload is best used on Thermal weapons in my opinion, you mag dump into a group of enemies, then sweep them with an the Rifle or Carbine, and by the time you're done with that, the thermal weapon has reloaded. But it's also really good (Almost, but not quite essential) on the L6. the L6 Takes forever to reload. You're better off going Stowed reload and Faster Handling.

Faster Handling is the unsung hero of weapon modifications. It lets you change weapons faster (So syncs really good with kinetic/thermal swap with stowed reload) but it also lets you sight your weapons significantly faster, the effect appears independent of the handling attribute, it simply improves your sighting speed to the fastest possible value. (A Rifle with Faster handling with sight faster than a pistol with no faster handling, despite the pistol still having a significantly higher handling stat)

Lemme pull advice from the EOFCC thread:
There are only 4 mods with high levels of utility for the L6:
Magazine Size - 3 shots, always take.
Faster Handling - stowing the l6 takes 1.12 seconds without it, .78 seconds with. Very high utility for swapping.
Stowed Reloading - Auto-reloads after 5 seconds. So you can keep firing without spending 5.8s reloading. High utility if you can work with the timing
Reload Speed - does drop speed down to 4.6s, so it is still terrible, but a little faster when you need it.

There may be some utility in scope or hip fire accuracy(if you find you're snap firing a lot instead of ADS). But IMHO the usual sights are good enough for typical engagement ranges, and I rarely snap fire the l6.

None of the other mods are highly useful. Headshot is gross overkill, as a headshot at g5 will kill everyone anyway. The default range is already hitting the on foot range limits, and since extended range doesn't increase projectile velocity any extra range is lost(projectiles explode at ~200m, and the range by default on the l6 is 300). The explosion isn't masked by any of the audio mods. It can't fire fast enough to benefit from stability.

I'll admit, there is the possibility that you can use it as a distraction with audio masking, but I'd rather use a grenade instead of lugging an l6 on my maverick.

Stowed reload is always 5 seconds I believe, it's a pretty bad option for some weapons that reload extremely fast, and basically every plasma gun except arguably the Executioner.

Stowed Reload is best used on Thermal weapons in my opinion, you mag dump into a group of enemies, then sweep them with an the Rifle or Carbine, and by the time you're done with that, the thermal weapon has reloaded. But it's also really good (Almost, but not quite essential) on the L6. the L6 Takes forever to reload. You're better off going Stowed reload and Faster Handling.
For sustaining firepower, it's very good. There are zero weapons in the game that reload faster than the slowest weapon transition without mods, and with faster handling it makes the disparity even worse.

Faster Handling is the unsung hero of weapon modifications. It lets you change weapons faster (So syncs really good with kinetic/thermal swap with stowed reload) but it also lets you sight your weapons significantly faster, the effect appears independent of the handling attribute, it simply improves your sighting speed to the fastest possible value. (A Rifle with Faster handling with sight faster than a pistol with no faster handling, despite the pistol still having a significantly higher handling stat)
It is very unsung. All the weapons feel so snappy and responsive with Faster Handling. Even the Executioner loses its feeling of molasses. A little hyperbole on the sighting speed though. Faster handling rifles only sight faster than the Tormentor. The p-15 is ridiculously fast at ADS, and the Zenith is no slouch.

Back
Top Bottom