Ships Any great Engineered FAS Loadouts?

Can the FAS become a good all rounder with Engineered upgrades? Any suggestions for making this lovely ship better? Good engineered combos?

Got around 20 LY with a level 4 FSD upgrade and using Core Dynamics armour and some engineered HRP's hull is 1822 but with a 32 unit hold and a SRV hangar/fuel tank/interdictor..., speed with level 3 DDT is 262 - 437 m/s (4 pips) and agility is slightly better than an A rated Vulture.

Essentially this is my pre engineers build, it uses stock weapons but the charge enhanced PD keeps the weapon cap topped up, I'll be fitting efficient pulse laser once I get the materials but with enhanced shields and resistance augmented boosters it's seriously mean ship.

https://coriolis.io/outfit/federal_...29v624.AwRj4y2GSA==.Aw18QjEA?bn=FAS CPL 5C Bi

Are your bi-wave shields moded with specific resistance or have you applied reinforced mode? Compared to stock (read before 2.1) is there a noticeable feeling that it can take a lot more punishment now? Shields on FAS have been paper thin so I'm curious if shiled strength doesn't matter much anymore if you have resistance boosters applied. My FAS is currently gathering dust and I fly Vulture instead (cheeper rebuy - I'm not billionaire after all).

Cheers

@ Oggy85 the shields on the FAS are level 4 enhanced low power mod on 5C bi-weave with 2 level 3 resistance augmented shield boosters, they have almost the same strength (around 200 MJ) but have a higher regen rate and with the boosters are a lot tougher but they will go down so the upgraded hull soaks up the damage.

I didn't get a great roll on the shields so they're towards the bottom of the performance range :( but even with stock weapons this is a tough ship and level 3 thrusters allow you to escape from just about anything.

I've tried FDL builds with very high shield strengths but when they finally go down you need to go back to the station for recharging as the rebuild/regen times are significant (around 6 and 15 minutes with 4 boosters on a 5A), I've a Python build with a similar shield/booster arrangement to the FAS and it works rather well as it has around 500 MJ pre modding.

Top Bottom