Discussion Any way to import/export in-game bookmarks?

I've seen a few apps that can track bookmarks themselves but is there any way to export or import data to the in-game bookmarks? I tend to be the tour guide of the guys I fly with and as such I have quite an extensive list that's getting harder and harder to manage. I really don't want to use external tools to view/use the bookmarks as I fly in VR and it's a PITA to have to take my headset off/on/off/on to find stuff and get it typed in. Poor me, right - yeah, first world problem for sure!

Any ideas or just can't be done at the moment?

There currently exists no log event record type for adding, modifying or removing player bookmarks of stellar bodies.

I'd say, it can't be done at the moment.

I've seen a few apps that can track bookmarks themselves but is there any way to export or import data to the in-game bookmarks? I tend to be the tour guide of the guys I fly with and as such I have quite an extensive list that's getting harder and harder to manage. I really don't want to use external tools to view/use the bookmarks as I fly in VR and it's a PITA to have to take my headset off/on/off/on to find stuff and get it typed in. Poor me, right - yeah, first world problem for sure!

Any ideas or just can't be done at the moment?

I am currently flowing the "Road to Riches", and I also use VR - which is a pain as there is no keyboard and it is not easy to copy&paste into the navigation panel. I was also looking for some API to preload my route. How I get around this is to run the game in Non VR mode and manually pre-load all my destinations through the navigation panel (i.e. copy from the "Road to Riches" paste into the Search Box, Search for the item and then save as a bookmark- after about creating 10 - I then work through all the bookmarks and using the edit feature I add a 3 digit number to the start of the system name I also add "*" to indicate inhabited systems - so it looks like "012 Hyades blah blah" or "012 * Hyades Blah Blah" - doing this means that the systems are displayed in the order I need to visit them. I repeat this as required - It took me about 45 minutes to load up a route of 80-100 systems - which will keep me busy for about 5-6 sessions over the week. I have managed to get to 56% Pinoneer so far using this approach. (I know it is a pain but it does work for me - I would prefer an API or config file as I could them semi-automate it)

Top Bottom