Newcomer / Intro Any webpage or website that "briefly" summarize the lore and the actual events ongoing?

Dear CMDs !

Sorry to bother you with this question, but I really would like to learn more on the game and especially on the actual event. I've seen many message speaking about Neo-Marliniste terrorists, Federation and Empire fight, Refugees, and so on. Unfortunately, I pick the thing quite late and this is very unconvenient to look for lot of "small" text and read them one by one. My question is: is there any "page" where we can have a summary of what happen in Elite since the begining? So it would be easier for me to catch up and profit for these "on going" stories :). I made so research but it was not really what I wanted...

Thanks in advance and fly safe ! o7

CMD Squall Blyat

There is a galnet website that holds copies of the same articles that appear in-game, but I'm not aware of any overviews or summaries.

There is a galnet website that holds copies of the same articles that appear in-game, but I'm not aware of any overviews or summaries.

Ok thanks :).

Therefore, how "important" are these brief news on Galnet to catch up the story? Does it bring a lot more to understand mission/CG or are they poorly related?

You know, it amazes me that people can get infractions for making "Mrs Slocombe" jokes yet people can have forum names like IPFreely, CunningStunt, CunningLingus and now a name with Blyat in it.

Welcome anyway.

You know, it amazes me that people can get infractions for making "Mrs Slocombe" jokes yet people can have forum names like IPFreely, CunningStunt, CunningLingus and now a name with Blyat in it.

Welcome anyway.

Yeah actually, it's not what it looks likes...

I've started Elite Dangerous with a friend that I met on Escape From Tarkov. We were making quite a lot of fun of the Scav (NPCs that pop randomly in the game and looks like Russian redneck) and their "Blyat" that they were sometime shouting. So, because Squall was already taken in the game (not surprising btw), I added this Blyat, forgetting it was also link to some..."gross talk" 😓. It was accepted and then stay 'cause, as far as I know, it is impossible to change it right?

Btw, that the "history" behind my Cobra MkIII named "Scavi Boy" :p.

I feel ashamed now hahaha

Canonn has an archive of the Elite lore pages that Drew Wagar used to maintain.
Drew Wagar's Lore Primer | Canonn Research Group

Drew himself in the meantime has produced a lore series on YouTube where he visits relevant places in-game with a group of players and talks about the lore. This tour contains dozens of hours of footage.
Elite: Dangerous Lore, Background and Narrative - YouTube

And of course there's Drews website with 'the original and officially licensed novel based on Elite Dangerous' and much more.
The official Elite Dangerous Novels | The official website of Drew Wagar

Last edited:

Welcome anyway.
One of my friends in a different game is called Mike Litoris!

Top Bottom