Anyone Else Annoyed With Benches?

I remember like last year when you put a bench down and had it clip to the edge of the path (either outer or inner edge) guests would only stand on the path-facing side of the bench.
Now however I'm frequently noticing guests standing behind the benches, clipping through walls and rocks and whatnot. I spend so much extra time carefully placing things and putting down the guest barriers to prevent noticeable clipping and now I feel like they intentionally made it impossible to have benches in your zoo without it looking stupid.

Why did Frontier intentionally ruin the aesthetics of their game? Like did someone just wake up and say "wow players are making really beautiful zoos! How can we best ruin that for them by having guests start clipping through everything?"

I remember like last year when you put a bench down and had it clip to the edge of the path (either outer or inner edge) guests would only stand on the path-facing side of the bench.
Now however I'm frequently noticing guests standing behind the benches, clipping through walls and rocks and whatnot. I spend so much extra time carefully placing things and putting down the guest barriers to prevent noticeable clipping and now I feel like they intentionally made it impossible to have benches in your zoo without it looking stupid.

Why did Frontier intentionally ruin the aesthetics of their game? Like did someone just wake up and say "wow players are making really beautiful zoos! How can we best ruin that for them by having guests start clipping through everything?"
Yeah, I’ve noticed this a lot lately. In many cases the guests are standing behind the bench, INSIDE a habitat.

Was so annoying a few Days ago. There were always lots of Guests in the Outdoor Enclosure of the Black and White Ruffed Lemurs. Luckily Guest Barriers fixed it. At least now I know what's probably caused it. Hope, they will be able to fix it relatively soon

Was so annoying a few Days ago. There were always lots of Guests in the Outdoor Enclosure of the Black and White Ruffed Lemurs. Luckily Guest Barriers fixed it. At least now I know what's probably caused it. Hope, they will be able to fix it relatively soon
How'd you get it to work? I tried that and it's either the benches are unusable or they are usable but guests continue to stand behind the bench even if that means standing inside rocks, clipping into habitats, etc.

It's not the end of the world, but I do very carefully place things to try to avoid guests clipping. I tend to make my builds realistic (haven't stretched that to include the behind-the-scenes areas; just from everywhere a guest can stand). It drives me nuts to see clipping.

Last edited:
How'd you get it to work? I tried that and it's either the benches are unusable or they are usable but guests continue to stand behind the bench even if that means standing inside rocks, clipping into habitats, etc.

It's not the end of the world, but I do very carefully place things to try to avoid guests clipping. I tend to make my builds realistic (haven't stretched that to include the behind-the-scenes areas; just from everywhere a guest can stand). It drives me nuts to see clipping.
Just added Guest Barriers into the Enclosure and sunk them until they weren't visible into the Ground.
Needed to do that a few Times though to find every Area in it where Guests would appear

Back
Top Bottom