Anyone Else Having Issues With Keepers?

Suddenly, my keepers are refusing to refill enrichment food items. I have tried placing enrichment items in the very center of the enclosure with nothing remotely near it, they still place the food on the ground. The staff traversable area says they have access to it, I've also visually confirmed they can access the area (they literally walk practically over the enrichment item when cleaning poo). These items all worked fine without a problem previously.

Anyone else having this issue?

Edit: They also continuously feed, like there can be a full pile of food on the ground and they keep bringing more. Also, there is nothing around the habitat gate either (I did have rocks there before, according to the traversable area not blocking anything, but removed them hoping that would fix something; no luck).

Edit 2: I have experimented with multiple species now in a new zoo; I got the keeper to use barrel feeder (the one on the ground, not the hanging one) once for the elephants; other than for a select few feeders they throw everything on the ground. It's odd because I wasn't having this issue a few days ago, and there haven't been any updates since it last worked.

Last edited:
Have you checked the keeper thoughts to see if there's anything there? And, some people have luck when the keepers glitch by firing all the existing ones and re-hiring.

Have you checked the keeper thoughts to see if there's anything there? And, some people have luck when the keepers glitch by firing all the existing ones and re-hiring.
The keeper thoughts seem normal. And dude, I can start an entirely new save and the bug is still there. Apparently it's a bug a lot of people are having since 1.10.2, Frontier broke enrichment and keepers for a lot of people. I really wish there was a way to roll back the update so I could at least play sandbox mode.

I had the bug where the keepers let the animals starve (put all the animals in the affected habitat in the trade center then back in the habitat and that seems to have solved it), but I haven't had what you're seeing, I don't think.

It does seem to be an issue with certain food enrichment items causing keepers to dump food on the ground in random places.

Back
Top Bottom