General / Off-Topic Anyone fans of Monster Movies? Recommend your favorites here!

And the first one i can remember, although i was less than 10 yo, Forbidden Planet
Seen it sometime at the end of seventies or the very beginning of eighties.

Not sure if it watchable in our times, but back then made a very strong impression on my childish vivid imagination.

This movie! I saw the creature design pop up in pop culture, but I never knew where it was from. I am excited to see this now that I know what the movie is called, thanks!

Also out of curiosity, I thought trollhunter is available on netflix. Turns out there is a children's show of the same name, and it looks lifeless in comparison. 😖

Hmmm.. Netflix
Godzilla 1: Planet of the Monsters
Godzilla 2:City on the Edge of Battle
Godzilla 3: The Planet Eater

Fun wise for drop dead incompetent crap horror gotta be : ) Attack of the killer tomatoes
Or...
The wild women of wongo
Both are priceless!!
For real horror mobs

IT. Scared the poo out of me. The 2nd one is good too.

And let's not forget the trap door movie bang bang bang as its trying to get out..
The evil dead

And the first one i can remember, although i was less than 10 yo, Forbidden Planet
Seen it sometime at the end of seventies or the very beginning of eighties.

Not sure if it watchable in our times, but back then made a very strong impression on my childish vivid imagination.

It's quality sci fi, and the monster still stands up today, imho. It isn't intended to be "real" like a giant lizard or spider, so that helps.
When Jaws came out, the shark was the stuff of nightmares for a generation. But now the realism is lacking if you rewatch it.

A creepy monsteroid movie is Mimic, with the cockroach thingies.

Top Bottom