Discussion API documentation?

They will be releasing a website with that API, probably the documentation, key generation and everything related will be there.

Last edited:
But when?

Seconded! We know where the website it, but is there any documentation at all currently? If not official docs, is there anything that third party developers have put together so far (as I believe that several of the third party tools already use the API)?

The docs were promised to be available when the open beta went live. The beta has come and gone and still no docs.

FDEV, is this part of your strategy for improving 3rd party developer relations?

As a new commander who has written some tools for integrating my clan's website with information on Destiny pulled from Bungie's API, I have to say my biggest disappointment with E D so far is the complete lack of a usable API to track my own progress. I'm on the XBox so I feel it even more where I can't access any log information or use any of the third-party apps which integrate to the PC version.

I sincerely love the game, but it's so very complicated and the lack of a usable API for console gamers is very unfortunate. Here's hoping Frontier will work something up - I'll even buy more in-game stuff to pimp out my Anaconda.

Thanks for listening

Is this still a thing or was it ever? I, too, distinctly remember reading about a "new API" in some patch notes, but for the life of me I was not able to find it again when I went to confirm. Maybe it was just referring to new events or arguments? Would like a more convenient API. Events are cool, but ability to request some semi static data would be neat, too.

The Beta API is working and is transfering engineered mods, again.
I think one workflow pic showing form-data/cookies/auth-code/redirects would help a lot of other devs.
Right now there are some OpenSource Python projects and a cURL command line example that helped me out of trouble.

Top Bottom